WEEK 9- John

Tagged: 

Back to course
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

finance
    Participant

Please post your forum comments for John

Brooke Percy
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>    The book of John is one of my favorite Gospels out of the four, and is a very popular favorite among the Christian family / brethren. I love the point of view that John speaks through because he speaks from an eyewitness account, first hand point of view throughout his version of the gospel as well as reflecting back to Genesis of how the Earth was formed and how Jesus became the written word born in the flesh during this process with God up to this point. Apostle John is one of my favorite apostles of the 12, and he makes it known throughout his gospel that he was ‘the disciple whom Jesus loved.’ John is one of the Zebedee brothers, and we can see him being mentioned throughout all 4 gospels in the transfiguration, in the conversation about Christ’s return and the end of times, etc. ; we see him amongst James, John and Peter many times alone with Jesus and being taught things as one of the inner disciples that the others weren’t exposed or made known / aware of first hand of Christ’s teachings or insight / revelation given as far as what to expect of in this life that their in and in the life to come.</p>

Evelia McMahon
    Participant

John was one of Jesus twelve beloved apostles.   He wrote the most popular verse in the New Testament; John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”  This scripture is displayed on billboards,  baseball games, and clothing.  John shares Jesus as the son of God.  John had a close relationship with Jesus, he even lean on his bosom.   He is the only one that shares the entire private and public ministry of Jesus.

Nicole Villalobos
    Participant

The gospel of John is the last of the synoptic gospels and brings the full purpose of God into the center of attention.John shows us the completion of who Christ is inwardly. John’s focus in his gospel is Jesus as divine. We see the central message of the book of John as being, “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of god, even to them that believe on His name.” John gives us four revelations to capture the names of the Lord and they are, word, life, light, and son. These revelations give us greater insight into the ways and character of God. John also brings to light the symbolism of the tabernacle and how they are God himself giving us greater insight into each part of the tabernacle and God. John’s book gives us the “I Am” sayings that Jesus identifies himself as. John brings the heart of God to the forefront in this gospel and makes Jesus’s meaning more understandable.

Ricardo Sanchez
    Participant

The gospel of John brings about a relational experience with Jesus Christ as God the Man. John was a close apostle of Jesus whom he had close relation with, he wanted us believers of the Word of God to have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ our Father. To experience God in the midst of us believers. One verse that catches my attention is John 16:32-33 which states: “Indeed,an hour is coming,and has come,when each of you will be scattered to his own home, and you will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace.You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world”. It brings to mind when we are going through some very difficult times in our lives, our Lord and Savior has already been through the fire. He conquered the trial and didn’t lose His peace.

Stephanie Shook
    Participant

I loved this book he brings Jesus to life as God the man and shows us some very personal aspects of Jesus. John uses every event every statement every miracle  to show us that Jesus is God. John shows us that by believing  in Jesus you will have a life in the power of his name Jesus. In this book John gives us statements that Jesus made and shows us he is God himself like I am the bread of life. I am the light of the world, I am the gate, I am the good shepherd, I am the resurrection, I am the way the truth and the life, I AM, Jesus did not say I give bread but that he is the bread of life. John points out 7 miracles of Jesus changing water to wine,healing a mans son,healing a lame man,multiplying bread and fish,raising Lazarus from the dead, Jesus possessed power over nature. This book is some time called the Book of the Seven Signs. John wanted to be unmistakably clear that Jesus is the divine Son of God in whom we should believe in

Bryanna Nevarez
    Participant

John was the son of Zebedee. John’s Gospel was one of Jesus’s apostle, whom was a Palestinian Jew. Gentiles and Jews were John’s audience . He revealed  Jesus to be the Jewish Messiah. His purpose was to save the people, teach the people, and restore faith. The main message that was being taught by John is by believing in God you may have eternal life.

Tammy Ahumada
    Participant

The book of John is the last of the 4 Gospels. It’s different in that it does not contain a lot of the things such as the parables that the first three gospels dive into. The book of John does not contain all the miracles that the other books speak about in detail. This book only mentions 7 of the miracles that Jesus performed. The main theme of John’s writing is to prove to his readers the deity of Jesus. One of the most widely known Bible verses comes from the book of John in chapter 3 verse 16. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him shall not die but have everlasting life. This famous verse has been posted on bill boards and seen at football games for years now. One powerful verse for one powerful man of God.

Diane Martinez
    Participant

The book of John is the last book of the gospels. The book of John is unlike the other gospels in the way that it tells about the deity of Jesus. This book tells about seven of the miracles Jesus did here on earth. John writes so that we may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah.  By believing that Jesus is the Messiah we will have eternal life. As it is written in John 3:16, “For God to loved the world that He gave His one and only begotten son, so that everyone who believes will have eternal life.”  I am still reading.

Kimberly Valverde
    Participant

The book of John is the last of the gospels. It was written by John who was a pastor at Ephesus. John, also known as John the Revelator, was also one of the apostles and was deeply loved by Jesus, they had a special relationship. How awesome it must have been to experience Jesus as a human being while on earth! John shows us Jesus’ heart and exposes His divinity as God-Man. The gospel of John is different from the other gospels in that it does not speak of Jesus’ genealogy, childhood, temptation, transfiguration, or His ascension.

Eileen Ahumada
    Participant

Johns Gospel is Jesus is the Messiah and the son of God. By believing in Jesus, people can have eternal life. this Gospel was written by John a Palestinian Jew and a member of Jesus inner apostolic circle during his earthly ministry. John’s audience was both Jews and Gentiles. He presents Jesus as the word become flesh. John shows the awareness of Jesus to be the Messiah, The fulfillment of Many Old testament themes, and the Son of God who was sent by God the Father to reveal the only true God and to provide redemption for humanity.

Victor Usher
    Participant

I found myself reading through John catching some verses differently due to how the context was written. John 1:18 was a verse I shared with a buddy this week. Thankful Jesus had revealed God to us. In John 1:19‭-21 it seems as though the assistants were expecting somebody. Like, their faith. Their belief. They’ve been expecting a prophet. In John 1:48-51 Jesus saw Nathanael before he even came and even though Nathanael exclaimed, “Can anything good come from Nazareth?” Jesus greeted him by saying as they approached “Now here is a genuine son of Israel—a man of complete integrity.” That was Tight! In John 2:15 Jesus was Hot with rage making a whip from some ropes. I have never heard that verse in John 2:17 before. Reading John 5:24, I feel like I need to process this in believing it more and more. This was a scripture for my mediation! In John 5:20‭-‬23 , this whole scripture just proves that God has given complete authority over to Christ, and how Jesus represents/reflects the character of his father.) In John 6:5‭-‬6, I’m curious, ” Should we also walk like this in our leadership style? Reading John 6:63 convicted me. Human effort really can’t accomplish anything. I also remember in theology what was said that as we become Christians our goal isn’t to just count on stop trying to sin. It’s putting faith in Christ. But doesn’t that contradict the fact that we shouldn’t sin? Or try not to? I also feel I grasp it as with Christ, there is no condemnation. In John 15:24, even after Jesus performed miraculous miracles, they still hated him. John 16:33 read like a perfect outro. This whole book really hit home, especially John 16:33. Memories of the past, conviction and such, healing, and overall growth in remembrance of what God has done for me.

Michael Trevino
    Participant

John was one of the disciples of Jesus loved. John wrote this book so that we may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah the son of God and That by Believing in him you will have life. Because of this goal John’s Gospel takes on a different flavor than the other three accounts John was less concerned with Jesus action then with what his actions said about him. John spoke of Jesus’s miracles in signs and we he recorded theological monologues of Jesus including seven” I am “statements about himself. John describes Jesus’s baptism at this point from those of the other three accounts rearranging some of the events and including different material for instance, John’s Gospel records more than one trip to Jerusalem by Jesus unlike the other Gospels. After describing in detail Jesus’s  last supper with his disciples, John recounts Jesus is crucifixion and resurrection.One of the scriptures that I  like in John chapter 8 verse 12 it says” I am the light of the world if you follow me you won’t have to walk in darkness because you will have light that leads to life” Amen

Troy Percy
    Participant

The book of John is the fourth and final gospel of the life and ministry of Jesus. The book of John starts off with John explaining the deity of Jesus into the start of Jesus’ ministry, and His first disciples into the first of many miracles that He would perform where He turned water into wine. Then Jesus went all over teaching people the kingdom of heaven, and teaching them to repent and turn to God. He showed others how to love their neighbor and He performed many miracles from healing the sick, blind, paralyzed – to even casting out unclean spirits. Then it went into detail about all of the opposition that Jesus had to face, into the death and resurrection of Jesus. Finally into how Jesus appeared to His disciples and others after His crucifixion.

Heather Trevino
    Participant

The book of John to me really gives me a different look at Jesus the man. The way that John writes about Jesus from his relationship with Him as well as his perspective of all the events that took place, for me really allowed me to see Jesus who even though sinless, got frustrated and even angry at times. I know they mention this in other books but the way I was able to receive it  as I read John was different.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021