LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 7 – Mark

WEEK 7 – Mark

Tagged: 

Back to course
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Maricela Lopez
    Participant

The book of Mark was written to the Romans, he speaks of Jesus’ servanthood and he dives right into His ministry and record His miracles, as mark writes he focuses on His humility as a servant and doesn’t make mention of statements about kingly judgements. I found it interesting that in the great commission Mark records the signs that will follow those who believe: they will cast out demons, speak in  tongues, take up serpent, and drink poison and not be hurt. The dispute over the last 12 verses is not a concern for me because God does not make mistakes and we have what we are supposed to have as Scripture.

Joey Morris
    Participant

mark does speak about more things that jesus id like his healings and miracles. he talks about be a disciple and making disciples

Daniel Logan
    Participant

i learn from mark Jesus teach us about healing by him not by ourself

Katrina Dillow
    Participant

I agree with heather and that is how Jesus comes to our life. We find him or he finds us when we do not even expect it. We could be getting food, shopping, or anything and he will find us.

Michelle Chow
    Participant

The book of Mark is the shortest of the 4 Gospel accounts of the life of Jesus and he seems to write his account of the Gospel of Jesus with a sense of urgency. The purpose of the Gospel of Mark is to show that the Lord Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God who was sent to suffer and to serve in order to rescue and restore mankind. This book reminds us that we are to minister as Jesus did with the same greatness of humility and devotion to the service of others. Jesus exhorted us to remember that to be great in God’s kingdom, we must be the servant of all. Self-sacrifice should transcend our need for recognition or reward just as Jesus was willing to be humble as He lay down His life for the sheep, us. Mark made a proclamation that Jesus is the Messiah and Son of God, whose death and resurrection paid the penalty for our sins and achieved victory over satan, sin and death.

Jasmine Martinez
    Participant

Mark is the second of the four gospels and was written by John Mark, a companion of Paul. The book of Mark was written to the Roman audience. John Mark was in fact both a Jew and Roman.

Mark writes about Christ as being a Servant and records the work he did to prove who He was. He records twenty miracles in depth, as well as Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross and later resurrection and ascension.

Sarah Polangco
    Participant

<p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>The book of Mark was written by “John Mark”. Mark is the second book of the New Testament.  In the book of Mark he focuses on Jesus actions, and how he carried himself. I love how Mark shows the heart of Jesus.One of my favorite scriptures is “Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served , but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many” Jesus demonstrated that not only by the miracles, signs , and wonders we see throughout the book of Mark  our how Jesus showed his mercy and grace; but by paying ultimate sacrifice, dyeing on the cross for mine and your sins.</span></p>

Michelle Lechuga
    Participant

I love how Sarah shares Mark 10:45 this is also one of my favorite scriptures.  It reminds us that we are here to be servants  and are not here to be served.

Aurelia Alderson
    Participant

The Gospel according to Mark in one of the first accounts to Jesus’ life, and our earliest historical traditions links  this books to a Christian scribe named Mark. He was a co-worker with Paul and a close partner with Peter. In fact an ancient church historian recalls Mark collected all of the eyewitness accounts and memories of Peter and then shaped them into this account. But Mark didn’t just randomly throw pieces together, he carefully designed the story of Jesus. In the first line, Mark makes this claim about Jesus: ”Its the beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah the Son of God.” This is the only time Mark tells you what he personally thinks. For the rest of the book, hes going to influence you by simply putting Jesus’ actions and words in front of you and showing you how other people react to Him. Mark designed the story of Jesus with 3 acts, the first one is set in Galilee, the second act shows Jesus on the way from one place to another and the third act is in Jerusalem. In each act there is a repeating theme and that is the good news. The book ends abruptly, by Jesus’ disciples running away in fear. This isn’t the absolute ending but it is where the original story ends, the rest of the book is pulled from a less reliable source, it is possible the last of the book was lost or never finished. But God knows how it should end and maybe that was to make a strategic point of Gods love and upside-down kingdom to reveal Jesus’s actions in dying for the sins of this world.

Angelie Mangubat
    Participant

The book of Mark, the second of the four gospels, focuses on the servant hood of Jesus. This shows us a perfect example of servant leadership and perfect obedience to God. We learn the major principles of leadership in this book, and I am reminded that this is how I ought to be. “Whoever wants to be the first, must be the last..”

Sandra Lilly
    Participant

<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;”>MARK PRESENTS JESUS AS A SERVANT AND HE PROCEEDS TO GIVE ACCOUNTS OF JESUS’S WORKS. MARK ALSO REVEALS JESUS AS A GOOD TEACHER AND HE FELT COMPASSION FOR THE LARGE CROWD. JESUS SAW HOW THE PEOPLE RESEMBLE LOST SHEEP WITHOUT A SHEPHERD, AND HE WENT TO WORK TEACHING THEM.  MATTHEW’S BOOK COMPARED TO MARK’S BOOK WAS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME ONLY MARK GOT TO THE POINT. WOW, I CAN’T BELIEVE I SAID THAT. LOL</span>
    <div id=”total_marks” style=”box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; font-size: 24px; margin: 15px 0px; color: #444444; font-family: Lato;”></div>

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021