LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 7 – Mark

WEEK 7 – Mark

Tagged: 

Back to course
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

finance
    Participant

Please post your forum comments for Mark

Lisa Carney
    Participant

testing

Evelia McMahon
    Participant

<p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Mark was a Jew.  He shares about the works that Jesus did and how he did not come to be ministered unto but to minister.  He healed many of fever, leprosy, and paralysis.  He raised some from the dead, including his friend Lazarus.  Jesus needed to be sanctified before he began ministry and so should we.  After he was baptized by John, God announced that he was pleased with him.  Jesus truly shows us servant-hood by obeying his father and coming to earth to die for us.</span></p>

Eileen Ahumada
    Participant

Many passages of Scripture speak of Jesus as the exalted Lord, but Mark’s Gospel presents another side of Jesus, as well as his servanthood. Mark was not one of the twelve disciples, but it is traditionally believed that his Gospel was compiled from sermons of the Apostle Peter. Mark speaks about the birth of Jesus, to his baptism and ministry. Throughout this Gospel, Jesus is healing the sick, confronting demons, feeding large crowds and responding to request for help and guidance also several passages of teachings. Mark made it clear that Jesus is indeed the Son of God. No one else could have done what Jesus has done for us!

Brooke Percy
    Participant

This week we did our reading on the Gospel of Mark which will be very repetitive stories from different points of views in comparison to the other three Gospels (Matthew, John and Luke) in the Bible. The difference with Mark is that in His point of view He very much represents Jesus as not only King but Servant of God. His book is very fast paced in comparison to the other Gospels as well; he uses the word immediately quite often as if to put a sense or urgency behind it. Very little aside from the pivotal point of Jesus in Gethsemane before His arrest is it really even mentioned of Jesus walking away for alone time with God the Father; the other Gospels make Jesus appear to be very connected and at one needing His alone time during prayer to maintain that connection with God, yet in Mark we see very rarely him discussing the moments we know from the other Gospels that Jesus capitalized on in order to pray to the Father then reconnect with the disciples at a later time.

Stephanie Shook
    Participant

Mark portrays Jesus as the servant that we should follow. He wants us to believe in and feel the emoticons of Jesus. He calls us to a life of service and action.  Mark wrote to the Gentiles rather than to the Jewish audience.  this book is in 2 sections the first the service of the Servant and the second the sacrifice of the Servant. Christ the Servant is the main theme of this book Jesus is calling us to a life of service

Nicole Villalobos
    Participant

Mark is one of the many books of the synoptic gospel. He reiterates, rather rapidly,  what Matthew, Luke, and John will say, but with a Roman perspective. We see Mark as representing Christ as the servant and presents what Jesus did and Jesus at work. Mark points to work after work of the Lord recording all twenty miracles in detail. Mark also highlights the word “Straightway,” “immediately,” “forthwith,” which occurs 42 times in his book. Mark shows us that,”the son of man came to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His life a ransom for many.” Mark encompasses the purpose of Christ’s coming and the fact of his resurrection. It’s almost like a miniature version of the entire gospel. Mark reminds us that we are to go and make disciples who make disciples and impact a nation.

Diane Martinez
    Participant

The book of mark is the shortest of the four gospels. The book of Mark filled with what Jesus did in a quick fashion. it tells about the many events that took place while Jesus did His ministry. It gets right t the point of things. It tells about how He chose His disciples and goes from there. I’m still reading and Mark’s perspective of events is interesting and to the point.

Ricardo Sanchez
    Participant

The book of Mark is about the savant hood of Jesus Christ. It is about how He came to save that which was lost. He talked about the works of Christ rather than His teaching. Focusing on Him being obedient to the Father. One chapter and verse that comes to mind is 4: 37-39 which states: “A great windstorm arose,and the waves we’re breaking over the boat ,so that the boat was already being swamped. He was in the stern,sleeping on a cushion . So they woke Him up’ and said to Him, ‘Teacher! Don’t you care that we’re going to die?’ He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the sea,’ Silence! Be still!’ The wind ceased , and it was calm”. This brings to mind the difficult times of my life, when I believe all was lost. If my Lord and Savior is with me, there is nothing to fear.

Heather Trevino
    Participant

The book of Mark to me seems like a more summarized version of what happened from John the Baptist to the birth and death of Jesus and everything in between that. The thing that I really thought about was the fact that Mark was not one of Jesus’ apostle, but he was one of the people who was affected by the message that they set out to tell all the nations. He was so affected that he took on the task of writing these accounts down to then share with others.

Victor Usher
    Participant

The book of Mark was an interesting read. It was one of the first books I read when I started to take my walk seriously. Some scriptures that caught my attention was Mark 1:12 (How the spirit “compelled” Jesus to go into the wilderness.) The guidance from the spirit. Man, I know that feeling. In the book of Mark it also seems as though some of the stories are summed up. In Mark 1:23-24 it states how a man possessed by an evil spirit can be in a synagogue. I think of the word, “possessed.” How it can be used in a religious aspect like, “Demon possession,” and in a casual conversation it could be grasp as, “What possessed you to do such a thing?” In Mark 1:34, (This verse shocks me. Are we also allowed to control demons?) I feel like it’s been said, “To cast out a demon,” is one thing, but to control them in a way like a puppet, is another. Mark 2:27 was an interesting verse as it shows the thinking/views of the concept of the meaning of the Sabbath. Mark 3:3-5 caught my attention in a way of how Jesus asked the question then felt a certain type of way when he noticed their hard hearts. As my brother would say, as he expressed it, “You gotta hawt condition.” In Mark 3:9 this was leadership 101 at it’s finest. Thinking ahead of the game in case the crowds got cray. In Mark 5:13, I was shocked at the amount of pigs. Seriously. 2000 pigs? That’s a lot of oink. I found myself reading Mark 6:4-6 the same day I heard TD Jakes do a sermon on this verse. It was meant to be. The healing of the man with the speech impediment was an interesting read. Simply because of how Jesus performed the miracle. The story around Mark 8:16 when the disciples started arguing about bread, it reminded me of myself. Jesus was right there with them and they forgot that their leader can perform miraculous signs and wonders. Like how he fed the 4000, and still had 7 baskets leftover. It’s crazy how when a new situation arises, we forget what God can do/will do if only if we would simply just ask him.

Sarah Polangco
    Participant

<p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>When reading the book of Mark what stood out to me is how Jesus walked and talked in his Authority. It has given me a new perspective and revolution of how GOD has called us to carry and conduct ourselves. We are to command our day! Not let it command us! WE must walk in the Authority that we have been rightfully given as children of the KIng of Kings. We must  call things as they are! But most of all; we must put these unclean spirits underneath our feet once and for ALL!</span></p>

Jaime Ahumada
    Participant

The Gospel was written by John Mark. ( John, also called Mark.) Acts 12:12. Mark was close to Peter. He took notes through the preaching and teaching of Peter (1 Peter 15:13) . Of all the accounts of the Life of Our Lord. He wrote of the tradition of the things said and done buy the Lord. Mark accurately preserved the material. the Gospel of Mark largely consists of the preaching of Peter arranged and shaped by Mark. Mark was also a helper to Paul and Barnabas on their first missionary journey ( Acts 13:5), But Mark deserted then at Perga in Pamphylia to return to Jerusalem (Acts 13:13). Paul was disappointed with Mark’s actions toward he did not want (refuse)to have flatly refused, A refusal that broke up their working relationship (Acts 15:36-39)

Bryanna Nevarez
    Participant

Introduction to Mark was written by John Mark or Peter if I’m not mistaken. Located in Rome and dated to be mid or late 50’s or 60’s. Mark was considered Peter’s follower, he was teaching which lead the start of the Scripture called the Gospel or Mark. The purpose of Mark was to present and defend Jesus. He had a bond with Jesus and Marks the heart of the disciples life.

Wendy Avila
    Participant

Mark states more miracles and healing of the powerful words spoken by Jesus with all of God’s authority behind it.  Jesus teaching touched more then just His disciples, but also the disciples of Jesus Christ making disciples, being that Mark followed due to Peter.  Thank you Lord for placing Mark in the midst to capture and have a visual recorded memory to note  the miracles we have in the bible.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021