LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Week 6 – Matthew

Week 6 – Matthew

Back to course
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Jaime Ahumada
    Participant

The book of Matthew is his account to demonstrate Jesus’ messianic identity his inheritance of the Davidic kingship over Israel, and his fulfillment of the promise made to his ancestor Abraham to be a blessing to all nations. Matthew’s Gospel is an evangelistic tool aimed at his fellow Jews, persuading them to recognize Jesus as their long awaited Messiah.

Kimberly Valverde
    Participant

Matthew was a tax collector whose life was transformed and used by Jesus. The book of Matthew is the first book of the NT. The central message is “that it might be fulfilled.” Matthew speaks of Hebrew prophecies being fulfilled and refers to Jesus as the Messiah and King. Matthew mentions Jesus’ earthly ministry- what He spoke, miracles He performed, the crucifixion and resurrection, as well as the future plans for His church and kingdom. It must have been awesome to know Jesus as a human, to know such a pure person, and to witness such amazing miracles.

Jasmine Martinez
    Participant

The Book of Matthew is the first of the 4 Gospels in the New Testament. Matthew was previously a tax collector before Jesus called Him to be a disciple. The purpose of Matthew’s book is to show how Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament prophesies of a coming Messiah and King. Matthew records Jesus’ genealogy, birth, baptism,  ministry in Galilee and Judea, teachings, works, crucifixion and resurrection.

Tammy Ahumada
    Participant

Yea! I’m so glad to be in the New Testament! Matthew, the tax collector not liked by any who becomes a hand chosen disciple of Jesus. This is the first book of the New Testament and portrays Jesus as God’s promised Messiah. A few of the highlights in this book are the birth, baptism, temptation, teaching, death and resurrection of Jesus. This is the first time we see Jesus using parables in the Bible as a way to make his point easily understandable to his followers. We also learn for the first time of John the Baptist, Jesus’s cousin who was ultimately beheaded for admonishing the King’s wife.

Mario Ahumada
    Participant

Most people believe that Matthew is the author of this self entitled book. Here the Messiah is born, escaping the hands of King Herod. Jesus grew up a simple carpenter in His early years. He begins his ministry picking his disciples one by one to spread his gospel. Jesus turns water into wine, Jesus also speaks to a fig tree and commands it to produce no more and his disciples discover there are power in His words. Jesus heals the lame, the blind see demons are cast out, come out Jesus says and they flee. Matthew talks about how Peter walks on the water when Jesus tells him come and the book closes with his death and resurrection. These are a couple of the things that I really enjoyed. There are many others like his baptism, the Holy Spirit descending like a dove when he rose out of the water and the last supper. I really like the new testament and this was a great opening to the New Testament.

Rubin Valverde
    Participant

Matthew was a tax collector and not very popular for that reason. This book is very simple subject, the King and His kingdom. I like chapter 16 when Jesus asks the disciple “who do people say that the Son of Man is? and then asked them “who do you say that I am”? The Holy Spirit reveals to Peter that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Michelle Chow
    Participant

Matthew was one of the twelve disciples who was a tax collector named Levi before Jesus called to follow Him. His purpose in writing this gospel was to prove that Jesus is the Messiah, the Eternal King. Jesus began His ministry at the age of 30 and taught nonstop for 3 years whether it was to the disciples in a quiet place or to the crowds in a public place, He is an example to us all. We don’t all need to be a Pastor at the pulpit to spread God’s word, we cam witness in the streets, to our neighbors and to our unsaved families. We are also to know the Bible in order to fight temptation as Christ used the Bible to ward off satan’s temptations. When we pray we should pray with meaning, with faith and in a quiet place. We are to come to Christ as we are and as we live to follow His word, He will change us to be more like Him. As followers of Jesus, we are to continue to do His work here on earth until the day of His return. We are to share not only the gospel but also to share His love to those who desperately need it. People who don’t know Him will see Him displayed in our lives and come to believe He does exist and that if He changed our lives from evil to good, He can do the same for them. They will come to see that He is a God of second chances and a God of miracles.

Angelita Madrigal
    Participant

The book of Matthew is the first book of the new testament. Matthew was a tax collector for the hated Romans. He then became a disciple of Jesus, then a apostle. Matthew presents Jesus as the King the promised Messiah. The Jews believed that their Messiah would come through a certain family. The book of Matthew describes the birth and the sacrificial works that Jesus did for us to make salvation possible. With the coming of Jesus the Messiah it fulfills the promise that God made to us bringing salvation, and in order to to this Jesus had to be born of a virgin and not of the blood line of Adam. Jesus was 100% man and 100% God. He knows the temptations that we face but not once did he give in to an of them. He lived a sinless life. these books are so hard for me to read because I cry so much just knowing and understand what Jesus went through for our sins. i thank him so much for all that he did for us.

Mark Gonzalez
    Participant

matthew was the first book of the testament

Joey Morris
    Participant

The book  of matthew he was a disciple of Jesus.he ministered with him. Matthew was a man of god who dropped everything and picked up his cross matthew was the first book of the new testament.

Ricardo Sanchez
    Participant

Mathew was written primarily to Jewish believers, and speaks of the generation of Jesus Christ. Matthew transfers out of the old testament and into the start of the new testament. Speaks of the Messiah Jesus Christ. One chapter and verse that catches my attention the most is Matthew 11:28-30 which states: “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light”. What comes to mind is the people who have been hurt by the church, family, or friends. They become hardened and untrusting, and take the burdens of life upon themselves. We have a Father in heaven who loves us and wants to help us in our struggles. All we have to do is take His yoke upon ourselves, for He is gentle and lowly in heart and we will find rest for our souls.

Miguel Sanchez
    Participant

The book of Mathew is a book that had the objective of sharing his expirience he him self had walking and being one of the 12 Deciples of the Lord Jesus the anointed one. He was a tax collector that after his encounter with Jesus His life changed he  repented form all his wrongs and made things right and left everything to follow Jesus Christ the great Messiah.

Valente Valenzuela
    Participant

Mathew, an apostle, and tax collector.

The book of Mathew is one of three synoptic Gospels. He writes mostly for the Jewish readers of that time. He proves to them and us, Jesus is the promised Messiah, and introduces us that GOD offers recovery to everyone through him.

Also, the Gospel of Mathew connects us like a bridge between the Old and New Testament. He emphasizes the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecy, by explaining the coming Messiah through the person of Jesus Christ. Verse 5:17 says: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them”.

In conclusion, our only hope to recovery lies in Jesus the Messiah.

Brian Fondanova
    Participant

The first verse of the gospel of Matthew announces the event predicted by the old testament prophets and long awaited by Israel: the coming of the anointed one, Jesus.  Under the spirits guidance, Mathew carefully documents Jesus’s claim to be the messiah and the evidence of his life and ministry: He possesses the credentials of the messiah and ministers in the predicted pattern of the messiah; he preached messages only Jesus could deliver, and though crucified by the roman authorities, God vindicates him by rising him  from the dead.

Brigitte Willis
    Participant

Reading Matthew is like reading a memoir of Jesus. I get to know Him as my Lord, Savior, king, teacher, example, and inspiration. I feel blessed to have such a detailed account of His life, with his teachings on how we are to live as His disciples. He was very bold in His ministry, without apology, but full of love and grace. His sacrifice is painful to read. The cross we bear daily is nothing in comparison. I’m like Barabbas. Jesus took the punishment I deserve without even condemning me. I thank you Jesus for your love.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021