LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Week 6 – Matthew

Week 6 – Matthew

Back to course
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

finance
    Participant

Please post your forum comments for Matthew

Student Success
    Participant

Testing Matthew Forum

Diane Martinez
    Participant

Mathew is the first book f the new testament and the first of four accounts of Jesus’s life. Mathew goes to great lengths to convince the readers that Jesus s the Messiah. Mathew quotes prophecy after prophecy explaining how Jesus fulfills each promise. Mathew picks up where Malachi leaves off with the promise of God sending a messiah to fix Israel’s problems. Mathew opens the new testament with The messiah has come at last.

Vanessa Hernandez
    Participant

Matthew the first book in the New Testament. Matthew was a tax collector that chose to drop everything and follow Jesus. Matthew writes about the birth of the Messiah , the disciples  and the great works and miracles Jesus performed. Matthew also writes about the ministry of Jesus and also the crucifixion of Christ.

Nicole Villalobos
    Participant

“That it might be fulfilled.” Matthew lays the framework for his book with this phrase twelve times. Matthew is the most Hebraic book of all the New testament books. He draws from much of the old testament to write this book. There are many prefigurings of what is to come given by Jesus himself. Matthew is the only new testament book that is most Rabbinic in nature in that Jesus sticks to the script of how the rabbi’s used to teach, and that is in parables. We see Jesus Messiah here and how he brings to light the things to come so “that it might be fulfilled.” These parables in the book of Matthew give us wisdom for today to know the times and seasons that we are in right now. The prophetic unction of this book is of the most importance for our times today.

Janina Cuellar
    Participant

Matthew:  JC     The Gospel of Matthew was written for purpose of revealing that the man Jesus of Nazareth was actually the King of the Jews, the sovereign Lord Jehovah who came from Heaven to this world revealing mankind (Kingdom of heaven). The king of the Jews, the Messiah Jesus  fulfilled every prophecies that was spoken about him in the scriptures in the old testament.

This book mentions 4 women in his genealogy which is not typical for Jewish genealogical records: Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheeba who were all associated with some sort of immorality.

There are similarities with the number 4. The 4 colors  in the veil of the Temple were purple, scarlet, white, and blue. The 4 faces  of the cherubim are the Lion, Ox, Man and Eagle. The 4 Gospel accounts are Matthew, Mark Luke John.

Student Success
    Participant

testing

Evelia McMahon
    Participant

<p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Matthew was a jew tax collector which made him an outcast.  He became a disciple of Jesus and an Apostle.   In this book we see many old testament prophecies come to pass, such as a virgin  conceived and gives birth to a son in Bethlehem, he is called out of Egypt, massacre of the innocents, Jesus death and resurrection.   Matthew was one of Jesus’ twelve disciples.  He tells us about the sermon on the mountain which teaches us moral values, it encourages and exhorts us.  Matthew  listened to Jesus teaching, he witnessed the miracles, persecutions, he was present at the Last Supper, crucifixion and burial.  Jesus teaches us many lessons, including how to pray and live a worry free life.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Jesus prepared his disciples for what will happen in the future, not only his death, burial, resurrection, </span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14.6667px; white-space: pre-wrap;”> and his soon coming return </span><span style=”background-color: transparent; color: #000000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt; white-space: pre-wrap;”>but the great commission which is to make disciples of all the nations.  Matthew tells us that Jesus is the long awaited messiah.</span></p>
    <span id=”docs-internal-guid-81176573-7fff-836f-fb1b-2a428d25076c”> </span>

Wendy Avila
    Participant

The family history of Jesus, The birth of a savior to where the three wise men needed to see and present gifts to the new born king.  John the Baptist, baptizes Jesus, He gets tempted 40 days and nights with God scriptures (the sword of the spirit).  Jesus choses and teaches His good works by example His perfect example. Matthew 13.4-9 Planting seed.

Victor Usher
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I thought it was amazing when Jesus had told Peter in Matthew 17:27 to throw in a line and the first fish he catches will have a coin in it’s mouth. That’s so cool. I looked at it like putting the words/scenario right out into existence. Matthew 18:4 had caught my attention on humility. I felt like when I read Matthew 18:7, “What sorrow awaits the world, because it tempts people to sin. Temptations are inevitable, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting,” it brought a remembrance of my past. The parable of the unforgiving debtor is so raw that it’s convicting. At the end of the chapter the last verse, “That’s what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters from your heart,” hits home. It says, “…from the heart.” Matthew 18:23 states, “Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to…” in Matthew 20:1 it states, “For the Kingdom of Heaven is like…” in Matthew 22:2 it says “The Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated…”and lastly in Matthew 25:14 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by…” I notice how Jesus’ explanations of comparisons of the Kingdom was to try and help his disciples to understand. Matthew 23 was an eye opening of a convicting chapter.  Matthew 26:25 got my attention as in the way Jesus replied when Judas asked, “Rabbi am I the one?” Jesus replied, “You have said it.” That’s a trip of a reply. Like, it sounds to me in a way that I don’t know where I’d stand with him. It’s crazy how Pilate saw through the envy of the religious leaders and as he washed his hands being innocent of Jesus’ blood, I was astounded as to how the people just stated, while yelling back, Matthew 27:25: “We will take responsibility for his death—we and our children!”</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”> That’s cray!</p>

Eileen Ahumada
    Participant

Matthews Gospel records the new kingdom on earth through the teachings and actions of Jesus. The Kingdom of heaven is a major theme throughout this Gospel. Matthew showed how Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament passages that speak of the Messiah, The ruler of the Kingdom. Matthew covers Jesus’ family history to show his royal lineage. After describing the virgin birth of Jesus, Matthew details Jesus’ Messianic baptism, his temptation in the wilderness, and the early days of his ministry.

Brooke Percy
    Participant

Matthew is one of the first accounts of Jesus life written from his point of view in a third persons perspective/point of view. It is personally one of my favorite gospels because he goes into such detailed accounts of Jesus’ life and ministry while being here on earth. Matthew was a tax collector before Jesus called him to leave his old life of sin in order to become one of His 12 disciples and spread the good news of the gospel; this eventually lead him to becoming an apostle. He dates back through Jesus lineage, conception, into the calling of specific hand chosen and selected disciples by God – he touches on John the Baptist, goes through all of the miraculous signs and wonders that Jesus had performed; he goes into the last supper, trial, crucifiction and resurrection. My personal favorite is reading about the sermon on the mount from the Beatudes in Matthew 5:1-12 then into the disciples of the world and how we are the salt and light of the earth from Matthew 5:13-16.

Troy Percy
    Participant

The book of Matthew is the first book of the gospels which are eyewitness accounts of Jesus life and ministry. The the book of Matthew starts off with the genealogy of Jesus the messiah it goes into his birth how he was visited by the magi, had to escape to Egypt from king Herod who slaughtered all of the babies under 2 into meeting and being baptized the John the Baptist into Jesus being lead into temptation 40 nights by holy spirit. Jesus started his ministry and found disciples into his sermon on the mount. Jesus performed many miracles, healing, casting out demons, calming the storm and him teaching and giving institutions to the disciples. Jesus faced a lot of opposition from religious leaders that day and Matthew was able to write about how he overcame their objections. The transfiguration where he met with Moses and Elijah into his triumphal entry into Jerusalem where he cleaned the temple by overturning the selling tables and the seeking sacrifice of doves. Finally into his crucifiction and resurrection.

Bryanna Nevarez
    Participant

The author of Matthew was said to be anonymous. It talks about how he was a former tax collector who followed Jesus, Matthew then became one of his 12 disciples. Matthew was the very first book written in the New Testament. God promised true peace and deliverance for the Jews and Gentile. In the chapter it describes how salvation through Jesus is accessible to all nations.

Stephanie Shook
    Participant

so happy to be in the New Testament this book shows that Jesus is the fulfillment of the promises and prophecies made concerning the promised Messiah the Anointed  one. In this book he proves to his fellow Jews the Jesus is the Messiah and promised king. Matthews life was changed by his encounter with Jesus. The book is in 2 parts the first part shows the identity and authority of Jesus. The second part focuses on Jesus encounters Opposition and persecution .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021