LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 3 – Daniel

WEEK 3 – Daniel

Tagged: 

Back to course
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Jasmine Martinez
    Participant

Daniel was a young, wise man who was taken captive by King Nebuchadnezzar. Daniel was close to God and his book talks about the visions he saw that revealed the mysteries of God, particularly, the coming Messiah (Jesus) and his reign on Earth. Daniel and the Book of Revelations have many similarities and are better understood by reading together because both discuss End Time prophesies.

Michael Trevino
    Participant

The book of Daniel

Daniel means “GOD IS JUDGE” .Daniel lived during a time when the Jewish people had little hope. They were living as captives in Babylon, hundreds of miles from home, with only promises from God that they would ever see their homeland again. Daniel and his friends were taken to Babylon as young men. Although they were captives, they received great education and climbed the ladder to high positions in Babylonian and Persian governments. Because of their faith in God , they were persecuted and even sentenced to die. But God rewarded them for their faithfulness, and they were rescued from certain death. Daniel had several encounters with King Nebuchadnezzar, and God Revealed his power each time. Daniel and his friends provided encouragement to the Jews to remain faithful to God in the midst of persecution.

Carina Rojas
    Participant

<p class=”p2″ style=”margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’; color: #000000;”><span class=”s1″ style=”font-kerning: none;”>Daniel was a prophet referred to as “Greatly beloved” he was chosen as one of the few wise, well versed and knowledgeable ones to to be prepped to serve in King Nebuchadnezzar’s kingdom after being taken as a captive from the besiege in Jerusalem along with 3 others who’s names were changed to Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span></span></p>
    <p class=”p1″ style=”margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’; color: #000000; min-height: 12px;”></p>
    <p class=”p2″ style=”margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’; color: #000000;”><span class=”s1″ style=”font-kerning: none;”>These young men were very wise and faithful to God.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Even when facing death they stood their ground and testified that their God would rescue them. Because of their bold faith, God rescued them from death in the fiery furnace and lions den. Nebuchadnezzar and king Darius glorified God because they were able to see that the God of Daniel was alive and surely listening to his prayers. As a result of the struggles Daniel faced and his unwavering faith, God honored him giving him favor before the kings and elevated him in higher position ranking within the kingdom.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″ style=”margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’; color: #000000; min-height: 12px;”></p>
    <p class=”p2″ style=”margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’; color: #000000;”><span class=”s1″ style=”font-kerning: none;”>The book of Daniel contains some visions explained by Daniel, however there is a vision that is explained to Daniel by Jesus in chapter 10 which is the same vision that John explains during his his Exile in the island at Patmos 95 A.D in the book of revelation and is also the same dream that was revealed to King Nebuchadnezzar 535 BC in Daniel Chapter 2 and the same vision that was given to Daniel 60 years after it was given to king “Nebby” in Daniel Chapter 7. They are all the prophesy of the end of times for our generation.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span></span></p>

Carina Rojas
    Participant

Daniel was a prophet referred to as “Greatly beloved” he was chosen as one of the few wise, well versed and knowledgeable ones to to be prepped to serve in King Nebuchadnezzar’s kingdom after being taken as a captive from the besiege in Jerusalem along with 3 others who’s names were changed to Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

These young men were very wise and faithful to God.  Even when facing death they stood their ground and testified that their God would rescue them. Because of their bold faith, God rescued them from death in the fiery furnace and lions den. Nebuchadnezzar and king Darius glorified God because they were able to see that the God of Daniel was alive and surely listening to his prayers. As a result of the struggles Daniel faced and his unwavering faith, God honored him giving him favor before the kings and elevated him in higher position ranking within the kingdom.

The book of Daniel contains some visions explained by Daniel, however there is a vision that is explained to Daniel by Jesus in chapter 10 which is the same vision that John explains during his his Exile in the island at Patmos 95 A.D in the book of revelation and is also the same dream that was revealed to King Nebuchadnezzar 535 BC in Daniel Chapter 2 and the same vision that was given to Daniel 60 years after it was given to king “Nebby” in Daniel Chapter 7. They are all the prophesy of the end of times for our generation.

Sarah Polangco
    Participant

<span id=”docs-internal-guid-9be0e602-7fff-ac37-3910-3ef10f763ab3″><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>What stood out for me in the book of Daniel is the BOLD and Relentless Faith that not only Daniel had but Shadrach, Meshach, and Abedngo had. Their faith was immovable and unstoppable. They were persecuted and even sentenced to death. But GOD continued to silence their enemies by keeping a covering of protection over them, just as he does to us as long as we do not conform to the things of this world. Our GOD will always be LORD! Nothing can or will ever change that! </span></span>

finance
    Participant

Reflectng upon Cynthia’s comment. I think the bookd of Daniels is interesting vs.2 really spoke to me because.

Janina Cuellar
    Participant

Lesson 3 Daniel  JC.

Daniel: He was taken captive when he was a young boy, later he became chief minister at Nebuchadnezzar’s royal court. Daniel became known as a man that could interpret dreams and visions.

God did many mighty miracles through Daniel. He predicted the excact day and year the Messiah would die.

Joey Morris
    Participant

daniel was brave had faith in god and followed all his kings

Lewis Madrid
    Participant

Daniel chapter 10 was a powerful book , Daniel was a man of prayer god always answered Daniel as soon as he prayed the answer was on the way , but this 1 time 21 days went by before the answer came . But this time the prince of Persia a force of darkness delayed the answer Daniel was seeking to get to him and even the ark Angel Michael had to come and battle with the prince of Persia. But what I see is even though Daniel did not get his answer like the other times he didn’t stop praying, fasting he battled until the answer came . We have to battle no matter how long it takes .

Wendy Avila
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;”><span style=”font-size: 11.0pt; line-height: 107%;”>The vision of that God gave Daniel showed Daniel the flowing wool like hair God has and His throne of fire and a flowing river of fire in front of Him.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>Then the 10 kings that will be gone with a new king in place that is different from the others and will defeat three other kings.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>This new king will hurt and kill God’s people and say things against God.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>God’s people will have the power, Thanks to the Almighty God who is by our side, He will never leave us nor forsake us. </span></span></p>

Jaime Ahumada
    Participant

Daniel was a priest and a prophet and could also interpret dreams. Daniel was fully aware who his God is. He lived with Great confidence to the point of winning over Nebuchadnezzar. It wasn’t by Daniel’s preaching of teach that convinced Nebuchadnezzar that Daniel’s God is the most high God. It was Daniel’s faith and confidence that he knew his God had all things under control. I understand that I need to walk in this faith and confidence as Daniel did. He had no fear. He did as God told him and he knew he was sage as long as he did as God ask.

Richard Vara
    Participant

I love the story of the blazing furnace where Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were being persecuted for their belief and not bowing down to Nebuchadnezzar’s gold statue (3:19-30). This story displays what true faith can do in times of trouble or faced with a situation where it may cause you to sin. They said they will not bow down gold statue, but also explained their faith to King Nebuchadnezzar, the faith of being rescued from the sin that was trying to be forced upon them.

2 Kings 17:35 (NLT) For the LORD had made a covenant with the descendants of Jacob and commanded them: “Do not worship any other gods or bow before them or serve them or offer sacrifices to them.

The story goes on to explain that a fourth person was in the fire, visualized by the crowd and more importantly, walking with the three thrown into the fire. The NLT version says the fourth looks like a god, KJV and NKJV says that he looked like the Son of God. To relate this to today, I can count on my God to be with me, walk with me, when faced with challenges especially when I’m being tempted to sin. I need to bring it back to Jesus and the cross. I need to understand that Jesus was tempted, not by God, but by Satan. I need to renounce Satan the same way Jesus did for He set the blueprint for me to follow,

Matthew 4:10 (NLT) “Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the Scriptures say, ‘You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him.’”

Miguel Sanchez
    Participant

The book of Daniel is a wonderful book packed with Visions and prophecy that gives insight that Our God is a all powerful and all knowing , what really sticks out to me is the prophecy of the return of Jesus our Lord and how his kingdom will forever be establish.

Daniel Logan
    Participant

Sorry i have no comment

Brian Fondanova
    Participant

Taken captive as a youth, Daniel is used by God as “the prophet in the palace” during Judah’s exile in Babylon.  Confronting pagan kings with Gods worldwide rule, Daniel tells of dreams that unfold the worlds history from Daniels day to the distant future. But Daniel is more than a man of the future. He is a man of faith, taking a courageous stand for God, even when it means being thrown to the lions.  He also was thrown in a furnace to be burned alive and upon being saved by God he turned a nation of unbelievers into believers of God.  The faith and courage of Daniel is one of the most inspiring and uplifting boooks of the bible.  God protects the faithful always.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021