Ezekiel

Tagged: 

Back to course
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Angelita Madrigal
    Participant

Ezekiel was a prophet and a priest to the Jews during the exile. He started to thirty years old when he started ministry to the Jews. During his time he would try to warn the people about judgment that would come upon them but no one would listen they continued to worship idols. This made God angry. Ezekiel predicted the fall of Jerusalem, and when this did happen Ezekiel prophesied hope and reassurance for the people of Judah.

Heather Trevino
    Participant

<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;”>The book of Ezekiel showed me that the judgement of God is something we all deserve. Reading the scriptures allows me to see that even though the account is something that took place thousands of years ago, it like looking in the mirror to our day and age right now. Ezekiel was the profit that God used this time around to give warning to the people. And yet no one listened.   He went into exile and mourning for what was about to happen. The visions that God gave Ezekiel only amp up the urgency of the people to get right with God! NO ONE listened. And again the God we serve still finds mercy and grace for us.  He brings the dry bones back to life not just so their pieces are all assembled but so that they should breath life again.  Wow right! What we see as no good, impossible, dead! God sees as worthy, Strong as an army , victorious and full of life because of what He can do in us and through us!</span>

Richard Vara
    Participant

Ezekiel 37:24-26 (NLT) 24 “My servant David will be their king, and they will have only one shepherd. They will obey my regulations and be careful to keep my decrees. 25 They will live in the land I gave my servant Jacob, the land where their ancestors lived. They and their children and their grandchildren after them will live there forever, generation after generation. And my servant David will be their prince forever. 26 And I will make a covenant of peace with them, an everlasting covenant. I will give them their land and increase their numbers, and I will put my Temple among them forever.

These scriptures threw me for a loop for a minute. Ezekiel was prophesying to the Jews who were captive in Babylon. At this point, he was telling them that Israel will rise again as one nation and the Lord revealed to Ezekiel that “David will be their king, and they will have only one shepherd…David will be their prince forever.” We know this is Jesus he’s talking about; Jesus is from the bloodline of David. This shows me that studying the scriptures is important because they can be taken out of context if we don’t have the understanding of what we’re reading. Please respond in if my understanding is incorrect.

Janina Cuellar
    Participant

Ezekiel: He attempted to bring repentance and confidence in the distant future. He taught Gods work through human messengers, defeated and dis paired God’s people need to affirm God sovereignty, God’s word never fails, God’s kingdom will come.

Michael Trevino
    Participant

<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;”>Ezekiel means “God Strengthens “ He was a prophet and priest to the Jews during the exile.He was 30 years old when he began his ministry to the Jews in Babylon and was captive for years when he began prophesying God sent Ezekiel to preach messages of judgement and restoration.Ezekiel forewarned his people that Jerusalem’s judgement was not yet complete.His messages were not well received by the Jews they thought he should be giving messages of comfort and hope,not judgement.Ezekiels predictions came true as Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 B.C from then on ,the people listened carefully to his preaching</span>

Student Success
    Participant

testing Ezekiel Forum

Diane Martinez
    Participant

Ezekiel Means God gives Strength. Ezekiel was one of God’s prophets who also tried to warn the people about how wrong it was to be worshipping other gods. My favorite part about the book of Ezekiel is when he prophesied over the dead dry bones.

Angelie Mangubat
    Participant

Ezekiel teaches us that when we continue to live in sin, it brings us further and further away from being in fellowship with God, which is our own doing. God doesn’t lose us, but rather we turn away from him and lose ourselves in anything else we identify in. When we come back to him, we realize Our true identity is in him. We maintain our covenant with God when we repent and renew our hearts and minds.

Jasmine Martinez
    Participant

<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;”>Ezekiel was a priest as well as a prophet who started his ministry at the age of 30 years old. He was a prophet to the Jews who were held captive in Babylon. Half of his book prophesies the fall of Jerusalem. Ezekiel was known to include a lot of symbolic actions in his prophesies through the use of visual aids, such as binding himself up. One of Ezekiel’s most well-known prophesies was the Vision of the Valley and dry bones, which foresaw Israel’s resurrection.</span>

Jeren Alderson
    Participant

After Jerusalem’s fall of 586B.C. , Ezekiel prophesied hope and reassurance for the people for the people of Judah, who had then lost focus of Gods covenant, the temple in Jerusalem.

” the word of the Lord came expressly to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the River Chebar; and the hand of the Lord was upon him there.” Ezekiel  1:3

Aurelia Alderson
    Participant

A summary of the Book of Ezekiel is that the Lord is mindful of His people wherever they are. Despite being set in a time when Jerusalem was being destroyed, the book of Ezekiel is full of hope. The prophet Ezekiel saw beyond the tragedies of his era to a future time of renewal when the Lord would gather His people, give them a new heart and a new spirit and helps them live His laws in grace.

Tedrina Vazquez
    Participant

Ezekiel: Ezekiel was a priest he lived in Jerusalem. when the Babylonians attacked they took all the people into exile. Ezekiel had a vision and he seen God’s Glory Ezekiel told the people about there rebellion that they had broke there covenant with God and worshiped other gods. God had sent Ezekiel to warn the Israelites God also had Ezekiel to do things in public so people can see like laying on his side and the making fire with poop and even though all this taken place God said that people would still not listen to him and the people where still continuing to worship other god’s, when Ezekiel had another vision it was God’s Holiness leaving out of the temple. later God had promises to give the people a new heart of flesh God also told Ezekiel that he would give judgement to Israel and the surrounding nations finally God’s warning to Ezekiel became a reality Ezekiel got another vision and it was of the valley of the dry bones the peoples spiritual death but God promised to restore his people again.

Lewis Madrid
    Participant

THE BOOK OF ESEKIEL CONTAINS THE VISIONS AND PROPHECIES OF ESEKIEL, WHO THE LORD CALLED TO MINISTER TO THE JEWISH CAPTIVES IN BABYION.

Eileen Ahumada
    Participant

Ezekiel is a prophet. This book records his preaching. Ezekiel name means “Gods strengthens” or “May God strengthen” appropriate for a prophet called to proclaim a message of uncompromising judgement and later a message of a restoration for God’s sale, not Israel’s. Ezekiel lived out his prophetic career among the community of exiled Judeans in Babylon. Ezekiel spoke to a community forced from its home, a people who had broken faith with their God. As the spokesman for God of Israel, Ezekiel spoke oracles that vindicate the reputation of this holy God. Thus the primary purpose of Ezekiel’s message was to restore God’s glory before the people who had spurned it in view of the watching nations.

James McGilberry
    Participant

Ezekiel was a prophet who was called by God.  Even though Ezekiel was exiled for 5yrs God still managed to use Ezekiel in a mighty way!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021