LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 8- Luke Reply To: WEEK 8- Luke

Reply To: WEEK 8- Luke

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 8- Luke Reply To: WEEK 8- Luke

Roberta Tyler
Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”><b><span style=”font-family: ‘Lato’,sans-serif;”>BIBLICAL STUDIES – LESSON 8 – WEEK 8 – HOMEWORK</span></b></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”><b><span style=”font-family: ‘Lato’,sans-serif;”>THE BOOK OF LUKE</span></b></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”font-family: ‘Lato’,sans-serif;”>I loved reading the Book of Luke, while it was in tune with Matthew and Mark, it is set apart in the fact that Luke emphasizes the universality of the Gospel message for Christians. Luke’s Gospel was written specifically to the high official Theophilus, to make sure that there was a precise account of Jesus’ ministry and teachings (<b><i>Luke 1:1-4 & Acts 1:1-4</i></b>). However, Luke wrote in a way that was sure to let Theophilus know and understand that Jesus’ journey and teachings were a movement that would transcend throughout time and be a worldwide following, and not only for the Jewish people. Luke is adamant about proclaiming that Jesus is the “Savior of the World” and rarely refers to Him as the Messiah. The Gospel of Luke doesn’t speak much of the Jewish roots of Jesus, he omits the great teaching moments of Jesus, such as: The Sermon on the Mount (<b><i>Matt. 5:21-48</i></b>), the instruction for the Apostles to not preach to Samaritans and Gentiles (<b><i>Matt. 10:5</i></b>), and the words of condemnation against the Pharisees and scribes (<b><i>Matt. 23</i></b>). However, only the Gospel of Luke recounts Jesus’ dedication, circumcision (<b><i>vs. 2:21-24</i></b>), His visit to the Synagogue in His youth (<b><i>vs.</i></b> <b><i>2:41-52</i></b>), and the prayer life of Jesus (<b><i>vs. 3:21; 5:16; 6:12; 9:18 & 9:29;11:1; 11:5-10; 23:34 & 23:46</i></b>). The Book of Luke also focuses on showing the Love, Sympathy, Kindness, and Equality of Jesus towards ALL people, no matter what their station in life was, especially the poor, sick, downtrodden, slaves, women, and all sinners (<b><i>v. 24:47</i></b>). I really enjoyed reading the Book of Luke, it showed me Jesus in the light of the most unprejudiced person to ever live. If only the whole world could truly follow His amazing example!</span></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”><b><span style=”font-family: ‘Lato’,sans-serif;”> </span></b></p>

Leadership University 2021