LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 8- Luke Reply To: WEEK 8- Luke

Reply To: WEEK 8- Luke

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 8- Luke Reply To: WEEK 8- Luke

Richard Vara
Participant

In Luke chapter 17, a story was told about the ten leopards who were healed. They approached Jesus with the right intent, begged Him for healing, “…crying out, ‘Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!’” They were humble because they were in need, they announced His authority over them (Master), they were rejected from there hometown living in a leopard community – hopeless, until Jesus approached. Some of us were in this hopeless state and met Jesus with the same approach.
Jesus healed the ten leopards and were told to go show themselves to the priests, probably the ones who casted them out for their uncleanliness. But, only ONE returned to give thanks and bring glory to God. The rest continued on there path with the goal of returning back to their hometown, possibly forgetting who healed them, who brought unity with their family, except the ONE.
I thank you Lord for my salvation and the restoration in my family. I don’t want to be like the nine, but rather be like the ONE who returns and gives you the glory. Let me not forget the work you have done in me and all the blessings you have given me. Forgive me for my complaining and remind me of all you have done, Amen.

Leadership University 2021