LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 7 – Mark Reply To: WEEK 7 – Mark

Reply To: WEEK 7 – Mark

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 7 – Mark Reply To: WEEK 7 – Mark

Roberta Tyler
Participant

Roberta Tyler   10/19/2021
<p class=”MsoNormal”><b><span style=”font-size: 10.0pt; line-height: 107%;”>LEADERSHIP 103 – LESSON 7 – WEEK 7 – HOMEWORK</span></b></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”><b><span style=”font-size: 10.0pt; line-height: 107%;”>THE BOOK OF MARK</span></b></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”font-size: 10.0pt; line-height: 107%;”>Mark is the shortest Book of the 4 Gospels. I found the Book of Mark to be unique in that John Mark, was not an apostle, but a follower and student of Peter. And unlike the other Gospels, Mark did not spend any time writing about Jesus’ birth, genealogy, or Jesus’ early ministry of Judea. Mark’s Gospel was clearly more for Romans, the Gentiles, than the Jews. While Mark spoke about Jesus being the “Son of Man” he focused his attention on writing about Jesus’ servanthood and sufferings throughout his ministry, than of His being the Messiah. He chooses instead to recount these two aspects of Jesus character; and proclaimed his “Good News” in a way that directs readers to the hope and understanding that is available in Jesus Christ during their sufferings, (Mark 8:31-34; 9:31; 10:32-45). I noticed that Mark was also more detailed and graphic in his accounts of Jesus’ time in ministry amongst the people of Judea and Galilee, (Mark, Chapter 1 to 9:50). The Book of Mark made me think more about the “Passion of Christ” and, also in a different aspect. Where once I thought of this term in a remorseful way, I now think of it as a way of strength during times of great trials. Seeing Christ through the lens of Mark’s Gospel helped me understand a deeper meaning of the “Good News” of the Gospels of Christ.</span></p>

Leadership University 2021