LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Week 6 – Matthew Reply To: Week 6 – Matthew

Reply To: Week 6 – Matthew

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Week 6 – Matthew Reply To: Week 6 – Matthew

Ricardo Sanchez
Participant

Mathew was written primarily to Jewish believers, and speaks of the generation of Jesus Christ. Matthew transfers out of the old testament and into the start of the new testament. Speaks of the Messiah Jesus Christ. One chapter and verse that catches my attention the most is Matthew 11:28-30 which states: “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light”. What comes to mind is the people who have been hurt by the church, family, or friends. They become hardened and untrusting, and take the burdens of life upon themselves. We have a Father in heaven who loves us and wants to help us in our struggles. All we have to do is take His yoke upon ourselves, for He is gentle and lowly in heart and we will find rest for our souls.

Leadership University 2021