LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Week 6 – Matthew Reply To: Week 6 – Matthew

Reply To: Week 6 – Matthew

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Week 6 – Matthew Reply To: Week 6 – Matthew

Angelita Madrigal
Participant

The book of Matthew is the first book of the new testament. Matthew was a tax collector for the hated Romans. He then became a disciple of Jesus, then a apostle. Matthew presents Jesus as the King the promised Messiah. The Jews believed that their Messiah would come through a certain family. The book of Matthew describes the birth and the sacrificial works that Jesus did for us to make salvation possible. With the coming of Jesus the Messiah it fulfills the promise that God made to us bringing salvation, and in order to to this Jesus had to be born of a virgin and not of the blood line of Adam. Jesus was 100% man and 100% God. He knows the temptations that we face but not once did he give in to an of them. He lived a sinless life. these books are so hard for me to read because I cry so much just knowing and understand what Jesus went through for our sins. i thank him so much for all that he did for us.

Leadership University 2021