LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 5 – Minor Prophets Part 2

WEEK 5 – Minor Prophets Part 2

Back to course
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Brigitte Willis
    Participant

The book of Malachi reminds me of how great God’s love is, even in our disobedience and ignorance. God makes it very clear in His word how He wants us to obey and love. But we, like the Israelites, can get caught up the life we want to live and not realize that we are disobeying God. Even in their disobedience, God still shows them love and gives them opportunity to repent  and get blessed. God is so so good.

Michelle Chow
    Participant

YES

<b>Haggai- </b>The prophecies of Haggai are regarding the rebuilding of the temple of Jerusalem after the Babylonian captivity. He encouraged God’s people to finish rebuilding the Temple that Zerubbabel had started. He also said that the recent problems they were experiencing was because of their laziness in the things of God. Haggai was commissioned by the Lord to assure the people that the second temple should be more glorious that the former because the Messiah should honor it with His presence. He scolded his countrymen for living in paneled houses while the Lord’s house had fallen into disarray. He also pointed out when the people turned away from God, their needs were not met but when they honored God, they prospered. He motivated them to put God fist again. At the end of the book, Haggai delivered God’s personal message to Zerubbabel, telling the governor of Judah he would be like God’s signet ring. In ancient times, signet rings functioned as an official seal when pressed into hot wax on a document. This prophecy meant God would honor the line of King David through Zerubbabel. God was not concerned that the rebuilt temple would not be as spectacular as Solomon’s. He told His people it would be His house where He would again dwell among them. No matter how humble our service is to God, it is important in His eyes. He wants to be our first priority. To help us make time for Him, so that He may stir up our hearts with His love.

<b><span style=”font-size: 11.0pt; line-height: 107%; font-family: ‘Calibri’,sans-serif; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;”>Zechariah-</span></b><span style=”font-size: 11.0pt; line-height: 107%; font-family: ‘Calibri’,sans-serif; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;”> The purpose of Zechariah’s preaching was to strengthen the people in the reality of their calling, their history and their future as well as that of the nations. He also joined Haggai in the task of encouraging the construction of the temple and to see it through its completion. Zechariah reproved the people, he gave them encouragement and exhortation, as well as the promises of God’s blessing and spoke much about the Messiah and what would happen to the Jews and the nations when He comes. Other visions in the book point to the certainty of God’s judgement and ultimate victory over sin. In the end once again the Lord promises restoration, He longed to help Jerusalem because of His deep love for them, a deep love that made Him angry with her enemies. God vowed He would return to them and they would be known as a faithful city and the hill of the Lord Almighty. When God speaks there are no boundaries, nothing can stand in His way. If we are struggling with doubt or unbelief, God is not hindered or limited by it. The book of Zechariah is a perfect example to us just how far God is willing to go in fulfilling His word and the consequences of unbelief. </span>

Angelita Madrigal
    Participant

The book I chose to write about is Malachi. Malachi is the last book of the old testament. Which means messenger, he was sent from God to be his messenger to his people that couldn’t turn from there sins. They couldn’t turn from there sins because they had no guidance even the priest were not being faithful to God. They would give animal sacrifices to God and then cry out to God why doesn’t he hear there cries. Well its because they were offering the weakest animal they have when it should of been the best animal they have. Gods people struggled to realize that God really truly loved them. They would always question it and God always had an answer but they still refused to believe.

Michael Trevino
    Participant

These books of the minor prophets are good, that even though they were going through problems God will always be there for us no matter what.It shows how much he Loves us if we continue to be in a relationship with him he will never leave us or forsake us. He has a purpose for each and every one of us.

Vanessa Hernandez
    Participant

Malachi minister to both the northern kingdom of Israel in the southern kingdom of Judah prophesying the destruction of Samaria and Jerusalem. He also foresaw the birth of the Messiah in Bethlehem.

Student Success
    Participant

Test Minor Prophets part 2

Rubin Valverde
    Participant

Nahum

The book of Nahum is God’s judgment against the kingdom of Assyria, specifically the city of Nineveh. God used the Assyrian’s to bring judgment of his people for their rebellion and disobedience. Through Nahum, God also declared that the Assyrian Empire would fall as well.

Even though God allowed Israel’s defeat because of their sin, he would not let this cancel out his promises to them. He would restore them according to his promise if they would repent and return to him.

Roberta Tyler
    Participant

BIBLICAL STUDIES 103 – LESSON 5 – HOMEWORK
    10/7/2021
    MINOR PROPHETS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT – PT. 2

I chose the Book of Habakkuk because it has been one of my favorite Bible verses since I first read it at church (8/13/2003). The word that our pastor gave that day was about developing one’s vision, as it pertained to purpose. I was intrigued by this sermon because I have always written down my dreams, visions, and goals. I learned that day, that when we write out our visions, goals, and dreams, and lift them in prayer, they are more probable to be brought to fruition. The main reason being that God is faithful in answering our prayers. And I also believe that when He sends us dreams and visions, and we write them down and pray over them, God is faithful in manifesting that which He purposes for our lives. Our lesson tonight made this verse even more special to me, due to understanding what the central message of Habakkuk was: “The just shall live by faith.” In addition, to finding out what Habakkuk means, To Embrace or to Wrestle. The lesson shows that we are not to be consumed with worry and doubtfulness. Just trust in God, have faith, and belief that His promises are true. I really related to this part of the lesson because I find myself being a lot like Habakkuk, regarding turning my complaints and doubts into prayers. In all the years of my life, I have found that whenever I was going through trying times, feeling sad, or just needed wisdom, I would break out in prayer. It didn’t matter where I was, or who may be watching, I would pray, pray, pray! Our lesson is right, prayer, faith and vision are essential in ensuring that we can live a Godly/Holy life!

Jaime Ahumada
    Participant

The book of Haggai motivates the leaders such as Zerubbabel and Joshua also the people of God to consider their currant economic and spiritual circumstances and to renew their efforts to complete the work of the temple. It covers the restoration of Gods house. The temple restoration, the Lord’s desire to renew a covenant relationship with his people.

Jasmine Martinez
    Participant

Nahum prophesied to Ninevah about their destruction and God’s mercy.

Habakkuk prophesied to Babylon about faith.

Zephaniah prophesied to King Josiah about deliverance.

Haggai and Zechariah prophesied to the Jews to finish building the temple.

Malachi prophesied to the Jews about Jesus’ coming.

Louie Lopez
    Participant

The book of Hosea has me committing to a self inventory of my responsibilties in many of my relationships and even in some of my past relationships. In the aspect of what were my failures in my responsibilities and commitments to the relationship and what are some of my key values that I have both stregnth and weakness in and most importantly, where am I at in my relationship with Christ??

I even meditate on some past experiences where I felt betrayed and how myself have betrayed others. The destruction caused to many in accordance with my failed commitments and actions and how today my God can feel with my lack of obiedence as He views me as His child and only wants me to chose the best for myself, just as I want my own children to make the best decisions in their own lives.

How many ways does God speak to me, to warn me and give me direction, who and how many times do I ignore and have the attitude, “not now, I’ll work on it tomorrow or I know, but do different!” How does God prophesy to me today and how often do I truly turn from sin and turn to Him? What have I made my other God, what has taken His place lately? Will I have time to recommit my obedience and love for The One True God, tomorrow IS NOT promised.

Kathy Vara
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0in 0in 8pt; line-height: 15.693333625793457px; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>Kathy Vara</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0in 0in 8pt; line-height: 15.693333625793457px; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>Minor Prophets Part 2</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0in 0in 8pt; line-height: 15.693333625793457px; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>Biblical Studies 103</p>
    <span style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 15.693333625793457px; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;”>     The book of Nahum speaks about Gods great patience with people.  Unfortunately, because God is slow to anger, sometimes we can get the wrong idea about God and think we are getting away with something or things in our lives that are contrary to God’s commands.  We can allow Satan to deceive us and continue in our sin even after the Holy Spirit convicts us.  If we refuse to repent to God and turn away from our sin, then God will correct us because he loves us.  The correction of God that we experience can be painful, but thankfully God always has a plan for good for his children if we receive the correction and turn from our wicked ways.  We should never think that we can outsmart God.              </span>

Richard Vara
    Participant

Richard Vara
    Minor Prophets #2

Habakkuk 2:4-5 (NLT)
    4 “Look at the proud! They trust in themselves, and their lives are crooked. But the righteous will live by their faithfulness to God. 5 Wealth is treacherous, and the arrogant are never at rest. They open their mouths as wide as the grave, and like death, they are never satisfied. In their greed they have gathered up many nations and swallowed many peoples.

After reading Habakkuk 2:4-5, it gave me an appreciation of where I’ve come from to understanding my true purpose. Before I rededicated my life to the Lord, I thought I was successful in life. My success was measured by my upbringing – an unstable home, volatile relationships in my family, and a poverty-stricken lifestyle. Later, having a career, became a homeowner, provided stability in my own family, being a father to my children, a husband to my wife. This was what I considered a successful lifestyle and I didn’t want to stop. I thought making money and investing in my retirement was my overall goal – wealth. I had trust only in myself and what I can accomplish, and I did not recognize God in any of it, in fact, I rejected Him thinking I didn’t need His help. Little did I know I was heading for the grave and end up in a place where there is no rest. However, by His mercy, He opened my eyes and touched my heart when I felt an emptiness inside. He revealed to me that what I was missing was Him. The things I thought defined my success are no longer valid and God has transformed my heart to desire a new type of success, which to spend eternity with Him. In the meantime, keeping my faith in Him, be obedient to what He calls me to do, and to share His love with others.

Angel De Alba
    Participant

Ephesians 2

“Once you were dead because of your disobedience of many sins”

Apart from jesus we have spiritual death living in sin of the flesh. Apart from god we go to the things of this world which ends up draining us and deceiving us. He saved me by grace freely given by faith alone in Jesus. He created me a new in Christ Jesus so his purpose in my life could come to pass. Paul was writing that there was a lot happening in our lives on the outside but god wants to transform us on the inside through our heart. By the blood of jesus I am brought close to god to be united with him. God created us to be family, and by the body of christ, we are the light of the world.

Maricela Lopez
    Participant

In all the minor prophet books we’ve studied there are similarities the people are facing the judgement of God due to the consequences of their sins and God is faithful and always saves a remnant to deliver His people because He made a covenant with them and their fathers and God will not fail a promise He has made. So I don’t know why I forget that sometimes He has made me promises and they will come to pass because His word cannot fail Amen! for that.  The King they prophesied about came King Jesus and we reap the benefits of the Messiah. I liked Habakkuk how he discribes the judgement with drinking and being drunk and wanting others to be drunk with you of course im like him in chapter 3 Oh Lord ive heard you and im afraid in your wrath remember mercy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021