LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1

WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1

Tagged: 

Back to course
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Nicole Villalobos
    Participant

Acts is named appropriately as the acts of the Holy Spirit and the apostles begin to birth out the church. Luke not only composes his gospel but authors this one as well. We see the central message of this book as being, “Ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost has come upon you, and ye shall be witnesses unto Me, both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8) We see the Dunamis power of the Holy Spirit being witnessed everywhere as we see the powerful day of Pentecost in this book and the gift of tongues be birthed out. The spirit of God has chosen His new temple, the apostles and now us, as the believers in Christ to place His spirit and power in never to be withdrawn from again. This book should be the breath of life for us as believers as it is the birthing place of our power and source. The same acts and miracles the apostles performed are not limited to them and their time period, but are also made available to us today in our dispensation.

Diane Martinez
    Participant

The book of act tells about what happens to the disciples after Jesus leaves them. I love this book because this is when the disciples receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. This is where they receive all the dunamis power that  Jesus has been telling them about. He tells them that they will do greater things than He ever did. It also tells us about all the persecution they faced as they went all over the land to preach the Good News. The upper room experience is favorite part of this book. I can not even begin to imagine what that must have been like.

Kimberly Valverde
    Participant

The book of Acts was written by Luke. This book talks about the works of the Holy Spirit through Jesus’ disciples. It also includes situations the disciples went through as they were proclaiming the word of God. The central message of this book is based on Acts 1:8, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Some of the popular topics include Jesus’ 40 days after resurrecting and his ascension, the Day of Pentecost, miracles, sermons, and much more.

Victor Usher
    Participant

The first half of the book of Acts grew my attention as I was curious as to how the apostles moved after Jesus did what he did. Acts 2:25-28 are powerful verses as it goes to show that God is always with us through it all. Acts 2:44-46 was heartfelt because they shared what they had. Everything! It reminds me of this phrase I heard a while back that was like, “Everybody eats fam!” I found it considerste in Acts 2:47 on how God added to the fellowship of his people when they called on him. God truly is about his people. I wanna learn to be the same way. To be about his people. Disciple and learning in process. In Acts 3:18, no matter what happened as the people betrayed Jesus, it was written long ago on how things will play out. Reading how Stephan broke down the history of the scriptures was inspiring. It was at age 40 that Moses killed the Egyptian for hurting the Israelites. In Acts 8:13 even the sorcerer believed the good news and changed his ways. Acts 8:20 is a heavy verse. “But Peter replied, “May your money be destroyed with you for thinking God’s gift can be bought!” Reminds me of a song by Drake called “Dreams Money Can Buy.” The contradiction. In Acts 8:20‭-‬23 I’ve often had thoughts on they way I’m perceived for sharing & this grasp my attention as you can see through Simons wickedness. His question is a direct reflection of his heart. In Acts 8:39‭-‬40, I found this amazing! The spirit snatched Phillip away.

Victor Usher
    Participant

Test

Tammy Ahumada
    Participant

Acts, the continuation of the book of Luke. The disciples are left watching the Lord ascend into Heaven wondering what will follow next. The followers of Jesus are left waiting for the Helper to arrive in that upper room. Waiting for the gift that the Lord promised he would send to them. The gift the would empower them to go into all the world and preach the gospel. The gift that would comfort them in his absence. The Spirit that would lead and guide them in their earthly journey they were about to embark on. We also see Ananias and Sapphira falling dead after lying about the amount of money they received for land they had sold. It’s in the beginning of the book that we also see the first follower of Jesus that was martyred…Stephen. It’s also in the first chapters of Acts that we hear of one of the most infamous coverts to Jesus….Saul who we all know as Paul. If the Lord can convert someone like that, we can have faith and confidence that our God can work miracles in our lives as well.

Daniel Logan
    Participant

I like the book of Act because it teach us about the History of the Church and we learn about the Holy Spirit also what Jesus wants from us

Daniel Logan
    Participant

Book of Acts teach us about the History of the Church and the Holy Spirit roles also What Jesus wants from us

Angelita Madrigal
    Participant

The book of Acts written by Luke is very interesting. I know i have read this book before but reading it now it just seams more powerful and meaningful. This half part of the book gives us a lot of details of how the Good News was taught. When Jesus said go and make disciples of all nations that is exactly what they did with no hesitation. This is when Christianity was announced. The power of the Holy Spirit came upon many and when that happen they started sharing the Good News with everyone. But not everyone wanted to hear it. Preaching the Good News sometimes didn’t come easy for some. Some were thrown in jail but not for long, Some were stoned to death for sharing the good news, but it didn’t stop them one bit.

Mario Ahumada
    Participant

The book of Acts is believed to be written by a non-Jewish believer, whos name is Luke also known as physician, who traveled with Paul.
    In this book with in the first twelve chapters, Jesus was preparing them for the Holy Spirit, also to send them out to spread the gospel.

Wendy Avila
    Participant

Pentecostal meaning is fifty and Pentecostal signs is all in one accord, sound as of a mighty wind, tongues like as of fire, all filled with the Holy Spirit, other tongues given by the Spirit.  In chapter 11 verse 26, Apostles being called Christians for the first time.

Troy Percy
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>This week we are writing about the first twelve chapters of the book of acts. The author of the book of acts is the same author as the book of Luke. Now the book of acts starts off with Jesus ascending into heaven, then the apostles meeting together in the upper room and how the Holy Spirit was poured out on them on the day of Pentecost. Peters first sermon, the healing at the gate called Beautiful, and Peter’s second sermon. Then Peter and John being arrested, the sharing among all the believers and the fate of ananias and Sephora, the choosing of the 7 to look over the people, the death of Stephen, the introduction of Saul and how he persecuted the church, the conversion of Saul to Paul and finally into the death of Herod.</p>

Brooke Percy
    Participant

Luke was a physician and he wrote not only the Book of Luke but he also continued onward to write the Book of Acts. I love when Luke moves forward in comparison to the other three Gospels as he explains more eyewitness accounts into the forty days before Christ’s ascension into Heaven. We read that Jesus fulfilled the promise of the Holy Spirit descending upon His disciples on the day of Pentecost. A twelfth disciple is chosen to fulfill the role that Judas fell from due to suicide and sifting, and majority of the rest of Acts follows Peter’s Ministry. We see Stephen as the first martyr to pass being spoken about, and during these few chapters Saul gets introduced and will become known as Apostle Paul. Throughout Acts, Luke breaks down different evangelistic opportunities that Apostle Peter he fired in order to continue spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ, which is built upon faith and establishing a firm foundation in Christ in order to receive salvation.

Bryanna Nevarez
    Participant

The introduction to Acts is dedicated to Theophilus. The author is unknown but some say the author is from Irenaeus. Acts was written after the Gospel of Luke . It mentioned that Luke and Acts purpose was to explain Christianity, Gods promises, and with doing that they accepted the church.

Rubin Valverde
    Participant

Acts is unique that it brings the Gospels and the Epistles together by recording the birth and early history of the church. Acts also records what happens when the Holy Spirit power is over the church and it is also the blueprint for the church today.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021