LU Home Page Forums 2 John We KNOW He loved him!

We KNOW He loved him!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Timothea Galoner
    Participant

1 John:  John knew Jesus love him.  Personally.  With no shadow of a doubt.  And when Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life,” John knew his salvation was secured for eternity.  “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that ye have eternal life.” (1 John 5:13)  He contrasts who God is with the world, the Antichrist, evil works and spirits, and the pretension of faith rather than genuine faith and exposes what the world has to offer . . . nothing.  You can identify the counterfeit if you know the Real Thing.  He knew because he heard, was seen by, looked to, and felt the heartbeat of Jesus.  He was the disciple Jesus loved and so, gave the best description of what True Love looked like.

2 John:  Truth.  With love.  In integrity.  Know it.  Live it.  Abide in it.  DO NOT support liars.  Shun false teachers.  Reject false doctrine.  DO NOT become like them.  Walk in the Truth of Jesus.

3 John: “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”  Three men John speaks of have different walks.  Gaius – he spreads the gospel, Good News, and is a generous soul. Diotrephes – he’s looking to be the center of attention and doesn’t even want to hang around the Beloved John!  Demetrius – he wears his heart and Jesus on his sleeve so he’s totally clothed in the Lord and people talk about it and are impressed and affected by his faith.  They all had a choice.  Two chose wisely.  We all have a choice to walk in the Truth and diminish and let Christ arise or to serve the darkness. Remember, “Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good.  He who does good is of God, but he does evil has not seen God.” (3 John:11)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021