LU Home Page Forums Titus and Philemon Titus: Pleasing the Lord in name and actions

Titus: Pleasing the Lord in name and actions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Timothea Galoner
    Participant

One of my nephews was named Titus and I know it means “pleasing” or Title of Honor.” Paul called him his “own son” which, as with Timothy, tells me that Titus lived up to his name and endeared the very perceptive and shrewd Paul into his most intimate group of leaders.  He knew he would be “the guy.”  The one that would get the place “ship-shape” according to how the scriptures were written, not by decree of man.  He gave him the rules, yes, if elders are to serve they are to be blameless, husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.  But he also knew Titus had the “chutzpah” (Yiddish for bravery that borders on rudeness) to enforce those rules.  He talked to him “man to man” and told Titus, “This witness is true. Whereby rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith.” (Titus 1:13)  It would take a brave soldier to administer those blows but Paul showed him exactly why it had to be done: “Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.”  He goes onto say that they deny God even though they profess Him. What a trust Paul gave to Titus! Certainly, Ti was pleasing to the Lord!

Jennifer Gonzalez
    Participant

The character built for the men of God to walk in is a lot like our freedom coaches. They have us renounce and bind our past or even current behaviors and allow the peace of God restore our lives to His wholeness! very and awesome Faith being built inside each of us! I am glad you have a nephew named Titus too!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021