Samuel

Back to course
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ofelia Herrera
    Participant

In the book of Samuel we learn about Hannah and her promise to the Lord. She was a barren woman who gave birth Samuel and then dedicated him back to the LORD. Most beautiful is her prayer of praise and victory to our LORD. Samuel grew up in the presence of the LORD and but yet his children were not like him. He was asked to select a king by the people and chose Saul as the LORD told him to. Saul was a disobedient king and it showed when his son Jonathan disobeyed and angered GOD. The Lord and Samuel had to reject him at some point and the LORD even said, “I regret that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions.” WOW. Then Samuel anoints David. David who everyone considered a nobody, killed Goliath because of his faith in the LORD. Years later he became king and was very anointed and successful. So good was he that Saul tries to kill him, but it is David who spares him, and then he takes his own life after being injured when his sons were killed. To be continued.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021