LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 102 Forum Proverbs Ecclesiastic and Song of Solomon

Proverbs Ecclesiastic and Song of Solomon

Back to course
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Deborah Equels
    Participant

Week 7                    Lesson 7                     2nd Quarter

Biblical Studies 102:  Proverbs, Ecclesiastics, and Song of Solomon:

Book of Proverbs; The Central Message: Proverbs states its theme explicitly very early in the book and that is “The Wisdom of God”.

Proverbs Chapter 1:7 Say’s “Fear of the LORD is the Foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

God also ask us not to forget his teachings!!!    In Chapter 3:1-3 (1). My son, do not forget my teachings, but keep my commands in your heart, (2). For they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity, (3). Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your hearts.

In the book of Proverbs God also gives us wisdom and understanding, and Knowledge; Proverbs Chapter 3:19-21 (19). By wisdom the LORD laid the Earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place; (20). By his knowledge the watery depths ere divided, and the clouds let drop the dew.

So, in the Book of Proverbs GOD ask’s us to pay attention to HIS TEACHING’S.

Book of Ecclesiastics; The Book of Ecclesiastics, is God’s record of man’s argument about Life – His experience and reflects on a Life while out of the fellowship with God, this is why it is so important to stay in Unity with God. The key works is “Vanity” and is mentioned (thirty – seven times) and it does not mean only foolish pride but again the EMPTINESS OF EVER THING APART FROM GOD.

In the Book of John (Chapter 2:15-16) Say’s it very well, “Love not the world neither the things that are in the world: for all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but of the world.

So, from what I get out of Ecclesiastic is that the world has nothing to offer me APART FROM GOD.

Song of Solomon; The Song of Solomon; Is a Love poem; Solomon the author of 1,005 Song’s, (1 kings 4:32-34) (32). He spoke three thousand proverbs and his songs numbered a thousand – five. (33). He spoke about plant life, from the cedar of Lebanon, to the hyssop that grows out of the walls. He also spoke about animals and the birds, reptiles and fish. (34). From all nations people came to listen to Solomons wisdom, sent by all the Kings of the world, who had heard of his wisdom.

From this book it made me look back to the beginning when God created the world and Solomon made a Love Song of GOD’S CREATION!!! About His Love for God and Creation!!

Song of Solomon Chapter 2:16 Expresses the central message – and such is the union between Christ and His redeemed people which can be best expressed to us in the UNION OF MARRIAGE.

There are Three POWERFULL TRUTHS ABOUT LOVE!!!

(1). True Love is Protective…

(2). True Love is Worth Waiting for…

(3). True Love Never Fails…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021