LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 102 Forum Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon

Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon

Back to course
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ofelia Herrera
    Participant

Proverbs
    I love the book of Proverbs. This book is so full of wisdom and warnings. I love that you can refer to this book for many different reasons in your life. There are 31 chapters as they say, one for every day. I honestly love proverbs 31 like any women does. But my favorite are the wise and fools. I learned a lot along the way when it came to words spoken, not a small feat. I know there’s a lot to learn and like this book says, it’s for the wise. Proverbs 13:16:
    Wise people think before they act;
    fools don’t—and even brag about their foolishness.

Ecclesiastes
    The book of Ecclesiastes is very interesting to me. It is one of those emotional roller coasters that we go on and tell ourselves not to think too much or we will drive ourselves crazy. “for which much wisdom come much sorrow: the more knowledge, the more grief.” I believe that he was making us understand that we still have to fight the good fight but accept that good and bad will happen to both the good and the bad people of the world. We have a comforter, the LORD, and we have a beautiful end in sight. I love that this book expresses true feelings and issues that people face daily. It describes real life and its important for us to know that God sees and understands it all. There is evil and bad and pain and suffering, but it is things of this world that we must accept even if we don’t understand it all or agree with it. It is still the best thing to keep our faith and stay in the fight.

Song of Solomon
    This book reminds me of a play. It’s a love story that evolves and reflects the love of Christ. I love the detailed description of love. How she searches until she finds him and how they express their love. It is truly something to be jealous about. The anticipation to find him and then the way she falls in love and describes him. The way he describes and expresses her is so beautiful too. It makes me excited to expect the same kind of love in my life. Once you know that only GOD is love and how much he loves you and you truly love him back, then having love on earth is that much more meaningful. You are able to stand on GODs love and word to overcome the many obstacles that loving here on earth have.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021