Nehemiah

Back to course
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Eileen Ahumada
    Participant

The book of Nehemiah is about Nehemiah finding out that the City walls of Jerusalem broken down, needed repair and the city was defenseless. some of the Jews who returned to their homeland after decades of Babylonian captivity needed to be rebuilt. This distress Nehemiah and he ask the King of Persia  for permission, it was granted. Even though there were several men that tried to cause problems with the rebuilding of the wall. Nehemiah had of favor of the Lord and the walls were rebuilt. it was dedicated to the Lord. Ezra also led the people to recommit their lives to following Gods law. Nehemiah as I read I understood. It was noticed his burden that was noticed not only by the King but he also prayed to God about the walls. It took one man Nehemiah to receive permission from the King but Also Blessing and favor from God to rebuild and for the Jews to come forward and participate in rebuilding the walls. This is us today. It only takes 1 to reach many to build a Church.

Timothea Galoner
    Participant

Great point, Eileen!  This is us today.  The broken walls of Christianity have been torn down by our culture, disobedience to God & lack of courage.  I pray that we, the church, will rise up and build His Kingdom instead of ours.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021