Job and Psalms

Back to course
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Tammy Ahumada
    Participant

Job:
    The book of Job when we initially read it is such a sad story, but does end in redemption and increase. Job is a loyal man who loves and serves the Lord and has been blessed by Him immensely. There came a day where Satan was roaming the earth and the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered and reflected on My servant Job”? The Lord continues to brag to Satan about how amazing, loyal and hardworking Job is. The enemy basically says, yes, he’s a great guy because you’ve blessed him and protected him his entire life. Satan proceeds to tell the Lord that if he is allowed to take all Job’s possessions and wealth that he would surly curse God. The Lord allows this but tells Satan that he can’t touch Job’s body. After taking everything Job has including his family and wealth he still does not curse God so then the Lord allows Satan to touch Job’s physical body. In his pain and discomfort Job does not curse God but questions why this has happened to him. His wives basically gives up on him and tells him to curse God and die. And his three friend have nothing to give but harsh words and accusations. When the Lord finally does speak he questions Job about who he thinks he is and where was he when the Lord was making creation and everything in it. Ultimately Job is restored and he gets another 10 children a new home, wealth and live stock are all restored. Which shows God’s healing and restoring power. This is all wonderful, but if I were Job I think I would still have hurt in my heart about the loss of my first 10 children.

Psalms:
    I went highlighter happy in this chapter! Psalms is a book of 150 songs, prayers and sacred readings. In fact a lot of the popular Christian songs we sing today are right out of the book of Psalms. The book is filled with songs of praise but also many songs of what seems like complaints. The main writers of Psalms seem to be David, Solomon and Moses. Some might say the most popular and comforting chapter in the Bible is found in Psalms….the 23rd chapter. Psalms also lays claim to the longest chapter in the Bible which is Psalm 119 which has 176 verses and lays smack dab in the middle of the Bible. I love the Psalms and Proverbs and can’t wait until we get into that book as well.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021