LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Jeremiah & Lamentations

Jeremiah & Lamentations

Back to course
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Maricela Lopez
    Participant

Jeremiah was called by God at a young age and he tought that disqualified him to prophesy, God equiped him and put the words in his mouth. He was sent to warn the people to turn from their sin, and much like we see the world today it seems to be okay to speak and teach on any false god but when one speaks of the one true God many get offended. As they did with Jeremiah the people hated him. He was called the weeping prophet because he lamented over the judgement coming upon Judah if they did not turn to God. He was sorrowful because he saw the captivity and unfortunatly he lived it. God is good He will always make a way and Jeremiah prophesied of the coming Savior and the new covenant “God will raise to David a branch of righteousness His people will not fear or lack” (Jeremiah 23:3-6)

Lamentations is a book of poems in which Jeremiah records his sorrow over the fall of Jerusalem. He discribes God as Jerusalem’s enemy. This is the reality of the concequences of our actions God is not mocked and if we keep sinning and just say God will forgive me and alot of people like to say only God can judge me they should read this book because they don’t really want God to judge them.

Angel Higgins
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”><b>BIBLICAL STUDIES 103 HW 1</b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”><b><i>JEREMIAH & LAMENTATIONS</i></b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”><b><i>Jeremiah </i></b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>In the of Jeremiah Lord spoke to Jeremiah in Jeremiah 1:4-5, what he said to him was that he was chosen before he was formed in his mother’s womb. He was appointed to be a prophet for the nations. Jeremiah had no idea on how to follow up such task, he told the Lord that he didn’t even know how to speak and that he was too young for the calling he had upon his life. The Lord assured him that He would put the words in his mouth already.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>Jeremiah goes on to, Jeremiah 7:1-6 and the Lord asks him to stand at the gates of the Lord and to let all the people of Judah that they must change their ways and actions so that they are able to live in Judah. The Lord asked them to change their ways and treat each other justly, that they must embrace the fatherless, foreigner and the widow and not shed innocent blood to continue living there. They must stop believing in deceptive words. This scripture shows us that we must embrace those in need.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”tab-stops: 111.45pt;”><b><i>Lamentations<span style=”mso-tab-count: 1;”>                     </span></i></b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”tab-stops: 111.45pt;”><b><i> </i></b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”tab-stops: 111.45pt;”>In Lamentations 1:8 it describes how Jerusalem had sinned against God and for that it had become unclean, and no longer would anyone honor the great city. It is as if the city itself was ashamed to be seen, the Lord had turned the city into the hands of the enemies.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”tab-stops: 111.45pt;”></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”tab-stops: 111.45pt;”>It goes on to say in Lamentations 2:1-3 that Zion had been covered with a great cloud of anger by the Lord. The strongholds of Judah were torn down for the sin was great. The city was full of dishonor. The Lord unleashed all his anger upon Zion and consumed Israel and he turned it into a place of lamentation in Lamentations 2:4-5.</p>

Student Success
    Participant

test – test

Student Success
    Participant

I liked Lamentations.

Richard Vara
    Participant

Jeremiah 31:31-34 (NLT) 31 “The day is coming,” says the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. 32 This covenant will not be like the one I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand and brought them out of the land of Egypt. They broke that covenant, though I loved them as a husband loves his wife,” says the LORD. 33 “But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,” says the LORD. “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the LORD.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the LORD. “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.”

It’s amazing to me how God reveals the secrets of our future, especially when we have a heart that is truly seeking after Him. God did this for Jeremiah in chapter 31:31-34; He revealed the New Covenant over 600 years prior to the crucifixion of Christ. I believe Jeremiah was exposed to this because of his heart for God’s people.
    As I walk in this new life, I must continuously evaluate my heart to make sure it is pleasing to the Lord. This is challenging sometimes (maybe most of the time). This challenge can be too difficult for some causing them to fall away from the promises of God – succumbing to the traps of sin. Think of Jeremiah, his people were conquered, his town destroyed – how easy would it have been for him to give up? Without faith, it’s too easy for the enemy to creep in and destroy you.
    Psalms 9:9-10 (NLT) 9 The LORD is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. 10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O LORD, do not abandon those who search for you.
    Jeremiah expressed his concerns to God in a time of trouble and the Lord gave him a revelation of what was to come. Was it instantaneous? No, but a promise – this, my friend, is the HOPE we have in Christ Jesus…
    Deuteronomy 31:6 (NLT) So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

Michael Trevino
    Participant

<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;”>Jeremiah was nearly 20years old when he began to prophesy and continued for 40years or more.For most of his life he was poor, unpopular ,isolated and persecuted.Jeremiah lived in Judah for 40 years just before the people were exiled to Babylon,and his prophecies were collected into the book that bears his name The main message of his prophecy is simple.It is too late to avoid Gods discipline,so accept it and turn from your sins.His audiences discounted his warnings,they were angry with him and beat him and locked him up.Jeremiah lived to see the invasion and deportation of his people,the slaughter of Jerusalem’s inhabitants,and the destruction of the temple</span>

Vanessa Hernandez
    Participant

Jeremiah a prophet and a priest of the Lord. Jeremiah saw the downfall of Judah, the distraction of Jerusalem, and the Exile of God‘s people. Because of the tremendous sorrow this caused him he is often referred to as the weeping prophet.

Lamentations it is about pain and suffering, but not without hope in God. Jeremiah wrote in the light of the fall Jerusalem to the Babylonian’s.

Ezekiel was a priest and a prophet. Ezekiel wanted God.s people to know that as bad as things were doing the captivity God still had a plan and will keep his covenant and promises despite the rebellion and their consequences they were enduring.

Student Success
    Participant

Jeremiah was both a prophet and a priest.

Diane Martinez
    Participant

I have submitted my forum in the previous format.

Angelie Mangubat
    Participant

Reading these two books made me refer to the question that is always asked at the end of a P12 lesson: “Is there anything that you learned today or that has stood out to you?” In total transparency, this question always seems to stifle me because I have always felt that these things I already know, but have not completely submitted myself too. What was emphasized to me in these two books, Jeremiah and Lamentations, are the central messages that God has always been and continues to be merciful, and even in that, we must still mourn over our sin, meaning that we must repent and mean it. If we leave only by the fact that we know that God will love us anyway, regardless of our sinfulness, then we are living double minded lives.

Jasmine Martinez
    Participant

<p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 10px; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; font-size: 14px; font-family: Lato; color: #444444;”>Jeremiah is a prophetic book in the bible that foretells the fall of Jerusalem and Judah due to the people’s sin. The prophet Jeremiah was truly set apart as he was called to be a prophet before he was even born; however, Jeremiah faced struggles as he was not allowed to marry because of his calling and was rejected by his own people. One beautiful thing about Jeremiah’s gift and calling was that he saw hope for his people and prophesied of the Messiah-King (Jesus) and the new covenant that would be made through him.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 10px 0px; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; font-size: 14px; font-family: Lato; color: #444444;”></p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 10px 0px; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; font-size: 14px; font-family: Lato; color: #444444;”>The Book of Lamentations is known to be a book of mourning as the prophet Jeremiah records the fall of Jerusalem. Jeremiah was known as the weeping prophet and he was heartbroken over his people’s sins and the destruction that it caused. One unique thing about the book of Lamentations is that it is written in five poems with a unique pattern. The first telling of Jerusalem’s fall, God’s anger on the people’s sin, Jeremiah’s grief, God’s anger again, and a prayer over Jerusalem. In the end, Babylon overtakes Jerusalem, but we do see God’s mercy and goodness even through this event and book.</p>

Jeren Alderson
    Participant

Jeremiah warns God’s people to return back to God. Judah’s idolatry will result in judgment and punishment. God will make a new covenant with his people. ultimate trust must be found not in God. Lamentations pictures a man of God puzzling over the results of evil and suffering in the world. However, while dealt with unexplained evil, Jeremiah lamented a tragedy entirely of Jerusalem’s making.

Tedrina Vazquez
    Participant

In the book of Jeremiah. Jeremiah was appointed to be a prophet for the lord even before he was formed in his mother’s womb. The Lord used Jeremiah to warn Israel about there adulterous ways. Jeremiah pleaded with Israel to repent and turn back to the Lord ( Israel’s groom) because Israel is the Lord’s bride. after warning Israel, Israel wound not repent. Jeremiah warned Israel again that God was going to destroy them by sending an army the ( Babylonians ) Israel continued not to listen to Jeremiah so Israel became exile.

Lamentations… Jeremiah mourned for his city Israel haven been taken captive. there transgressions brought it to themselves. the people mourned they question if they could ever be saved.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021