LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 102 Forum Isaiah – the Prophet for All Ages

Isaiah – the Prophet for All Ages

Back to course
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Timothea Galoner
    Participant

If you want to read the entire Bible in one or two sittings, I suggest you read Isaiah.  The amount of accurate prophetic events of Jesus Christ are stunning!  Four times he was thrown into visions that gave him insight into the future of Israel, the pagans, the two advents of Christ, the prediction of the Jewish nation arising once more, the intimate, gruesome details of what Jesus would suffer on the cross, and the Redemption He would bring to Jews and Gentiles alike.  His contemporaries were Hosea (Northern Kingdom) and Micah (Southern Kingdom).  His name means “Yahweh is Salvation” which is appropriate considering the fact that “all signs” point to Jesus as Messiah, Savior, Prophet, and King.  He was fearless and the Lord took him seriously when he said, “Here I am, send me.”  He was sent.  His ministry gave him the names “messianic prophet” and “the evangelical prophet” because he warned of judgment on Judah and Israel, identifying their sins, attempting to turn them away from disobedience to avert disaster.  He also painted the grand picture of hope and promise for God’s remnant and his words would speak into them for ages to come.  One interesting note is that Isaiah uses almost all the Hebrew words for sin concerning his brethren which shows you where their hearts were at.  I love that Jesus used the scriptures after His resurrection to explain to the disciples “about himself.”  Isaiah must have been expounded on because this would have helped them understand the agony of the cross (Isaiah 53).  Isaiah 43 is one of my favorite scriptures:  (1b-2) “Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name, thou art mine.  When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee; when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”  From creation to the millennium of Christ’s reign, Isaiah covers it all with such detail and accuracy that one can only say, “Surely this is the Divine Inspired Word of God!”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021