Isaiah

Back to course
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

James McGilberry
    Participant

The book of Isaiah is a book that unveils the full dimension of God’s judgement and salvation.  God is the Holy One of Israel.  Who punished his holy people and then later on he redeems them!  Because God is compassionate he rescues them from both political and also spiritual oppression.  Isaiah’s name actually means “Jehovah Saves” and the theme of this book is salvation as Isaiah portrays Jesus Christ as the Messiah “But He was wounded for our transgressions,  he was crushed for our wickedness our sin, our injustice, our wrongdoing; The punishment required for our wellbeing fell on him, and by his stripes we are healed.  All of us are like sheep who have gone astray.  We have turned each one to his own way, but the Lord has caused the wickedness of us all our sin. our injustice, our wrongdoing.  To instead fall on him instead of us.”  Isaiah 53:5-6(NLT)  There is no greater love in this world than God’s unfailing love, and God demonstrates his love for all of humanity and also the people of Judah.

Mark Rebollo
    Participant

So so good. I love how you ended it with “There is no greater love than God’s unfailing love”. Also how Isaiah portrays Jesus Christ as messiah, and the prophesies that went forth reguarding our coming king.

James McGilberry
    Participant

Thanks my brother I receive that and so true!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021