LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 101 Forum Genesis and Exodus: The Details of The Tabernacle – BP

Genesis and Exodus: The Details of The Tabernacle – BP

Back to course
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Brooke Percy
    Participant

Brooke Percy

To go from a story of blessings, abundance, and dream filled wonders from the point of view of  Joseph, and Abraham having ‘descendants as numerous as stars’ into 400 years later where the Israelites have fallen into slavery from the famine and their sins was a story that I almost can’t even believe was at one point people’s true lives that had been lived throughout these crucial moments in history and were entrusted by God to carry out such huge visions and plans in a time where unbelievers ran rampant . Exodus portrays slavery and oppression of the Israelites by the Egyptians, and Pharaoh played a Satan-esque character of not wanting to allow the Israelites’ to go free into the Wilderness to worship the Lord their God. Now after they escape Pharaoh, Moses leads everyone into this Wilderness. I truly am shocked that in that time period, Moses was able to re-iterate God’s plans, and that they were able to be deliver the design that God had asked of them to create down to every detail. What also shocked me is the multitude of goods needed; yet somehow, by the grace of God, they were able to come up with all of these resources to create God’s Tabernacle regardless of their current circumstances. To follow all of the Lord’s plans to a ‘T’ must not have been an easy task to complete. Of course, the Lord provides in all of our ways; especially including in resources and people who can envision and recreate exactly what he’s asking them to do (just as that Bezalel and Oholiab) to carry out our missions and assignments bestowed and gifted upon us by the Lord our God.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021