Genesis

Back to course
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Aida Walker
    Participant

I love the book of Genesis because it tells us how everything began.  I have been learning to read the Bible and all it’s different books, especially to look for wisdom in parenting.  I have gone over Genesis with my children several times to teach them certain lessons in life.  One  of the times I was having Bible study with my children, we went over the story of creation.  I used that lesson to teach them about work ethic.  My children were having a hard time finishing their school work and completing their chores.  I showed them that God created everything in the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th.  He didn’t rest on the 1st day, the 3rd day, or even say, “I am tired, I am not going to finish creating the world.” No, he didn’t finish until He was done with the mission at hand and everything He created, He looked at and said, “It is good.” God didn’t say, “well, I guess it’s ok.” No.  Everything He did,  He made sure it was good.  I showed my children that work comes first and then rest. Always do the best to your ability.  If you know you did not try your best, then it is below standard.  I can always go back to the beginning when I have questions on parenting, not only to Genesis, but to Him because He is the perfect father.  “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021