LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Ezekiel – Richard Vara

Ezekiel – Richard Vara

Back to course
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Richard Vara
    Participant

Ezekiel 37:24-26 (NLT) 24 “My servant David will be their king, and they will have only one shepherd.
    They will obey my regulations and be careful to keep my decrees. 25 They will live in the land I gave my
    servant Jacob, the land where their ancestors lived. They and their children and their grandchildren after
    them will live there forever, generation after generation. And my servant David will be their prince
    forever. 26 And I will make a covenant of peace with them, an everlasting covenant. I will give them
    their land and increase their numbers, and I will put my Temple among them forever.

These scriptures threw me for a loop for a minute. Ezekiel was prophesying to the Jews who were
    captive in Babylon. At this point, he was telling them that Israel will rise again as one nation and the
    Lord revealed to Ezekiel that “David will be their king, and they will have only one shepherd…David will
    be their prince forever.” We know this is Jesus he’s talking about; Jesus is from the bloodline of David.
    This shows me that studying the scriptures is important because they can be taken out of context if we
    don’t have the understanding of what we’re reading. Please respond in if my understanding is incorrect.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021