LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 102 Forum Esther- Claudia R

Esther- Claudia R

Back to course
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Claudia Rodriguez
    Participant

The Central Message of the book of Esther is about teaching us the providence of God.  God providing, directing and leading people who sometimes do not want to be led.   The name of God is never mentioned in the book.  Esther is also never mentioned in the new testament.   In Deuteronomy 31:18  it is mentioned why God is not directly mentioned in the book of Esther.  God turned away from them on that day.  He said ” I will do it because they did a very evil thing when they turned to other gods”.  The book also mentioneds about Mordecai… He was a jew and he knew the law of God.  In Deuteronomy 5:7-10  it is mentioned by God- Do not put other gods in place of me.  I am the Lord your God.  Because of this , Haman launched an anti-Semitic  campaign to kill Jews and King Ahasuerus gave permission.  Because of Modercai’s cry for help.  Esther gained freedom for the Jews from the king, Mordecais became premier, or prime ninister and was exalted to the highest honor.    The whole meaning of the book of Esther is found in this book.  God’s people were about to be destroyed but God used her at the right time,  The entire book is on of God’s providence in the preservation  of His people. The feast of Purim celebrates the deliverance of the Jews.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021