Deuteronomy

Back to course
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Victor Usher
    Participant

Deuteronomy speaks about covenant relationship, and expectations needed to be met by the people. Moses is forbidden from entering the land then dies, and Joshua takes over as the new leader.

Deborah Equels
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”>The title Deuteronomy, derived from the Greek, thus means a “copy” or a repetition.” Of the law rather than “second law,” as the word’s etymology seems to suggest. ….<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>It was almost time for the people of Israel to cross the Jordan River and conquer Canaan, But God refused to let Moses lead them into the land. Instead, Moses had been told that he was going to die on the eastern side of the Jordan. So, Moses gave several farewell speeches to the people of Israel in which repeated many of God’s laws.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>Because Moses was giving these laws to Israel for the second time, the book is now called “Deuteronomy,” which come from a Greek phrase meaning “second law.” Moses told the Israelites that if they kept their agreement to worship and obey the Lord, they would be successful and powerful nation. But if they broke their agreement and worship idols, the Lord promised to put terrible curses on the people. They would be defeated by their enemies and lose their land and their lives. So here I ask myself do I really want to go against God!!!!! I will always remember Gods promises to us that he would take care of us and<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>till this day he continues to do so, Thank you JESUS.</p>

Deborah Equels
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”>The title Deuteronomy, derived from the Greek, thus means a “copy” or a repetition.” Of the law rather than “second law,” as the word’s etymology seems to suggest. ….<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>It was almost time for the people of Israel to cross the Jordan River and conquer Canaan, But God refused to let Moses lead them into the land. Instead, Moses had been told that he was going to die on the eastern side of the Jordan. So, Moses gave several farewell speeches to the people of Israel in which repeated many of God’s laws.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>Because Moses was giving these laws to Israel for the second time, the book is now called “Deuteronomy,” which came from a Greek phrase meaning “second law.” Moses told the Israelites that if they kept their agreement to worship and obey the Lord, they would be successful and powerful nation. But if they broke their agreement and worship idols, the Lord promised to put terrible curses on the people. They would be defeated by their enemies and lose their land and their lives. So here I ask myself do I really want to go against God!!!!! I will always remember Gods promises to us that he would take care of us and till this day he continues to do so, Thank you JESUS.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”></p>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021