Deuteronomy

Tagged: 

Back to course
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Christian Joiner
    Participant

Reading throgh Deuteronomy and our lesson, I never realized the ages of the insraelites that never got to enter into the promised land, I think it kind of shocked me. Thinking that even at the age of 26 I wouldve died off before entering in the land. It was a strange thought for me to grasp. As the central message of Deuteronomy is “to challenge and exhort a new generation to total devotion to the Lord within a renewed covenant relationship, promising blessings for loyalty and threatening curses for rebellion. “Look, I now teach you these decrees and regulations just as the LORD my God commanded me, so that you may obey them in the land you are about to enter and occupy. Deuteronomy 4:5” I can see this is similar to the Christian life today. Now that we enter into this promised salvation with Christ through grace He challenges us to a dovation with Him to keep us away from our previous sin and rebellion.

Timothea Galoner
    Participant

Very insightful, Christian! Great thoughts to ponder. 40 seems like a long time. . . until you are forty!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Leadership University 2021