LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 9- John Reply To: WEEK 9- John

Reply To: WEEK 9- John

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 9- John Reply To: WEEK 9- John

Michael Trevino
Participant

John was one of the disciples of Jesus loved. John wrote this book so that we may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah the son of God and That by Believing in him you will have life. Because of this goal John’s Gospel takes on a different flavor than the other three accounts John was less concerned with Jesus action then with what his actions said about him. John spoke of Jesus’s miracles in signs and we he recorded theological monologues of Jesus including seven” I am “statements about himself. John describes Jesus’s baptism at this point from those of the other three accounts rearranging some of the events and including different material for instance, John’s Gospel records more than one trip to Jerusalem by Jesus unlike the other Gospels. After describing in detail Jesus’s  last supper with his disciples, John recounts Jesus is crucifixion and resurrection.One of the scriptures that I  like in John chapter 8 verse 12 it says” I am the light of the world if you follow me you won’t have to walk in darkness because you will have light that leads to life” Amen

Leadership University 2021