LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 5 – Minor Prophets Part 2 Reply To: WEEK 5 – Minor Prophets Part 2

Reply To: WEEK 5 – Minor Prophets Part 2

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 5 – Minor Prophets Part 2 Reply To: WEEK 5 – Minor Prophets Part 2

Roberta Tyler
Participant

BIBLICAL STUDIES 103 – LESSON 5 – HOMEWORK
10/7/2021
MINOR PROPHETS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT – PT. 2

I chose the Book of Habakkuk because it has been one of my favorite Bible verses since I first read it at church (8/13/2003). The word that our pastor gave that day was about developing one’s vision, as it pertained to purpose. I was intrigued by this sermon because I have always written down my dreams, visions, and goals. I learned that day, that when we write out our visions, goals, and dreams, and lift them in prayer, they are more probable to be brought to fruition. The main reason being that God is faithful in answering our prayers. And I also believe that when He sends us dreams and visions, and we write them down and pray over them, God is faithful in manifesting that which He purposes for our lives. Our lesson tonight made this verse even more special to me, due to understanding what the central message of Habakkuk was: “The just shall live by faith.” In addition, to finding out what Habakkuk means, To Embrace or to Wrestle. The lesson shows that we are not to be consumed with worry and doubtfulness. Just trust in God, have faith, and belief that His promises are true. I really related to this part of the lesson because I find myself being a lot like Habakkuk, regarding turning my complaints and doubts into prayers. In all the years of my life, I have found that whenever I was going through trying times, feeling sad, or just needed wisdom, I would break out in prayer. It didn’t matter where I was, or who may be watching, I would pray, pray, pray! Our lesson is right, prayer, faith and vision are essential in ensuring that we can live a Godly/Holy life!

Leadership University 2021