LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Jeremiah & Lamentations Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Jeremiah & Lamentations Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Angel Higgins
Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”><b>BIBLICAL STUDIES 103 HW 1</b></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”><b><i>JEREMIAH & LAMENTATIONS</i></b></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”><b><i>Jeremiah </i></b></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”>In the of Jeremiah Lord spoke to Jeremiah in Jeremiah 1:4-5, what he said to him was that he was chosen before he was formed in his mother’s womb. He was appointed to be a prophet for the nations. Jeremiah had no idea on how to follow up such task, he told the Lord that he didn’t even know how to speak and that he was too young for the calling he had upon his life. The Lord assured him that He would put the words in his mouth already.</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”>Jeremiah goes on to, Jeremiah 7:1-6 and the Lord asks him to stand at the gates of the Lord and to let all the people of Judah that they must change their ways and actions so that they are able to live in Judah. The Lord asked them to change their ways and treat each other justly, that they must embrace the fatherless, foreigner and the widow and not shed innocent blood to continue living there. They must stop believing in deceptive words. This scripture shows us that we must embrace those in need.</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”tab-stops: 111.45pt;”><b><i>Lamentations<span style=”mso-tab-count: 1;”>                     </span></i></b></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”tab-stops: 111.45pt;”><b><i> </i></b></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”tab-stops: 111.45pt;”>In Lamentations 1:8 it describes how Jerusalem had sinned against God and for that it had become unclean, and no longer would anyone honor the great city. It is as if the city itself was ashamed to be seen, the Lord had turned the city into the hands of the enemies.</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”tab-stops: 111.45pt;”></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”tab-stops: 111.45pt;”>It goes on to say in Lamentations 2:1-3 that Zion had been covered with a great cloud of anger by the Lord. The strongholds of Judah were torn down for the sin was great. The city was full of dishonor. The Lord unleashed all his anger upon Zion and consumed Israel and he turned it into a place of lamentation in Lamentations 2:4-5.</p>

Leadership University 2021