LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Jeremiah & Lamentations Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Jeremiah & Lamentations Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Ricardo Sanchez
Participant

God calls Jeremiah out to be a prophet to the nation of Israel and Judah to speak to them to turn their hearts back to the Lord before judgement comes.This was a hard task because God’s people had turn from following the Lord,to following the worshiping of idols ,idolatry and the practices of the sinful nations .In Jeremiah 1:4-8 The Word of the Lord came to me:I choose you before I formed you in the womb;I set you apart before you were born.I appointed you a prophet to the nations.But I protested ,”Oh no ,Lord God!Look,I don’t know how to speak”since I am only a youth.”Then the Lord said to me :Do not say “I am only a youth.”for you will go to everyone I send you to and  speak whatever I tell you.Do not be afraid of anyone,for I will be with you to rescue you.This is the Lord’s declaration.This hits home with me I used to feel unworthy to speak to my family, friends,people in the streets. I would talk myself out of speaking to people because I felt I didn’t know  how to speak ,my past mistakes, but My. God is a loving,forgiving Father who will walk with me wherever I go.                   Lamentation is a interesting book no author,but Jewish tradition believes it was written by Jeremiah.This book is about pain and suffering,bu believing and hoping in God. Lamentation 3:37-39 stats:Who is there who speaks and it happens,unless the Lord has ordained it?Do not both adversity and good come from the Most High? Why should any living person complain, any man, because of the punishment for their sins? This is also scary we must be careful when we are going through test and trials,to watch how we react and respond to the situations in life.Our Father is either disciplining us or strengthening us in our walk. Our Lord and savior knows what’s best for us,His children.

Leadership University 2021