LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Jeremiah & Lamentations Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Jeremiah & Lamentations Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Louie Lopez
Participant

Lamentations has me reflecting on the 9/11 tragedy 20 years ago. God’s ways are unknown to us and many ask “why?” when the 9/11 tragedy occurred and even still today ask “why?”. The fall of Jerusalem was a direct consequence of Judah’s sin and Gods judgement. Both 9/11 and the fall of Jerusalem very sorrowful tragedies, both causing so many tears. But with 9/11 we can see footage of those so desperate, jumping from hundreds of feet out of windows, you can only imagine the heat! The collapse of two monumental buildings that defined New York City and even The United States. The collapse of Jerusalem, the Mecca of Judah and through Jeremiahs words “my eyes fail from weeping, I am in torment within, my heart is poured out on the ground because my people are destroyed, because children and infants faint in the streets of the city”. You can only imagine the destruction that occurred through Gods judgement. But does anyone also think that Gods compassion can be seen and also bring hope? See I believe God can with one breath, just as He created us can destroy us and are sin completely. Why 9/11…..I don’t know but I do know that God is the way for healing and a pathway for hope, just as in Jeremiahs plea in chapter 5 of Lamentations. Gods compassion is what I believe He wants to give us, His grace to receive. We can all go through serious consequences of our sin, but we still have hope to turn from our sin and destruction and have God turn it all around for His goodness. Prayer and confession of our sin is what is needed and I believe is what God yearns for, to see His children turn from their own destruction and into His blessings!!

Leadership University 2021