LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Jeremiah & Lamentations Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum Jeremiah & Lamentations Reply To: Jeremiah & Lamentations

Louie Lopez
Participant

<span style=”font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>Jeremiah has had me thinking a lot lately.  And as reading the book, stopping quite often in silence and reviewing my own commitment and even my surroundings such as family, friends and coworkers and even our own nation as a whole. First just how how is my sinful life being unrecognized.  In what areas am I just like the Northern Kingdom Israel and Judah in the south.  Are there areas that need attention?  Am I ignoring the prophets of today, pastors and mentors brothers, sisters and my own inner spirit?  Just how much sin is taking my daily life?  Do I see it increasing or do I turn the cheek and listen to that other voice in this spiritual battle?  Jeremiah confronts many with their sins, including Kings, false prophets and leaders.  Jeremiah was imprisoned thrown in a cistern and taking to Egypt.  Jeremiah often felt discouraged.  When I look today at my surroundings in the city, state and country, I too can get discouraged.  But staying connected to God, as Jeremiah did, brings me the courage to not give up.  Continue to read, pray and sing</span><span style=”font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”><span style=”font-size: 13px;”> daily and get the strength to correct and work on fortifying my own life.  So that others can see for themselves Gods work in my life.  Jeremiah didn’t have much but he had everything thru God that he needed to become one of the greatest prophets.  </span></span>

Leadership University 2021