LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1 Reply To: WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1

Reply To: WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1 Reply To: WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1

Richard Vara
Participant

The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men with no special training in the Scriptures. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus. (Acts 4:13 NLT)

I love this scripture because it gives me reassurance of my walk with Jesus. I pray to God to give me the boldness to do His will, whether it’s talking with people, speaking in a crowd, or preaching, the things I don’t feel I’m comfortable with. However, I know God pulls me out of my comfort zone to teach me. When I first was asked to go on stage and do the Giving Moment live, I was so nervous followed by thoughts that ran through my mind saying who am I to be doing this, I’m not capable, I’m a new believer. When I came across this scripture, it hit home because it talks about the boldness of Peter and John who had no special training in Scriptures as the Pharisees did, but they were noticed because they walked with Jesus.

I’m just a pond in a chess game and I see God using me as this simple piece with no special moves on the chess board; with the only move of moving forward one square at a time. With the help of the other ponds (my fellow believers) we can form an attack against our opposition with a strategic plan executed by God. I have no special training, but I have a special God that will not let me fail. Thank you, Lord!

Leadership University 2021