LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1 Reply To: WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1

Reply To: WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1 Reply To: WEEK 10 – Acts Part 1

Ricardo Sanchez
Participant

The book of Acts was written by the Apostle Luke, it is very interesting as this is where we got the great commision. The great commission is the ability to go out and preach the gospel to the ends of the world. As stated in Acts 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth”. Another verse that I have been struggling with is Acts 4:20 which states: “Peter and John answered them, ‘Whether it’s right in the sight of God for us to listen to you rather than to God, you decide’ for we are unable to stop speaking about what we have seen and heard”. This hits a sore spot in my heart, how some churches and pastors let the government scare them into shutting down and leaving people to deal with this crisis on their own. What happened to believing in Christ the Lord’s protection over His children.

Leadership University 2021