LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 4 Minor Prophets Pt 1 (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah) Reply To: WEEK 4 Minor Prophets Pt 1 (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah)

Reply To: WEEK 4 Minor Prophets Pt 1 (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah)

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 4 Minor Prophets Pt 1 (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah) Reply To: WEEK 4 Minor Prophets Pt 1 (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah)

Richard Vara
Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0in; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>In the book of Jonah, I laugh at him because he thought he could sail away in attempt to escape from the Lord. I laugh because it sounds foolish. He said in verse 9, “I am a Hebrew, and I worship the Lord, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the land” so I would think that Jonah would know better, but he still tried. However, people do that today; they know the Lord, but choose to run away thinking that they’ll be okay. This is a form of rejection and with that comes a cost. We may not see the results of that in our lifetime, but be assured that we will eventually be judged and that will define our eternity. In the meantime, I rather not be swallowed up in the darkness of this world and be the light Jesus called me to be.</p>

Leadership University 2021