LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 4 Minor Prophets Pt 1 (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah) Reply To: WEEK 4 Minor Prophets Pt 1 (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah)

Reply To: WEEK 4 Minor Prophets Pt 1 (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah)

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 103 Forum WEEK 4 Minor Prophets Pt 1 (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah) Reply To: WEEK 4 Minor Prophets Pt 1 (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah)

Bryanna Nevarez
Participant

Hosea-  Reading the Introduction of Hosea I’ve learned that his main onlookers was Ephraim, the northern  kingdom, Israel. His greatest importance came to be for Israel to turn back to God. While I was reading I also learned about Baal the weather God worshipped in Syria Palestine. The Lord told Hosea to marry a wild unfaithful women.

Joel- The chapter Joel it discusses “day of the Lord” which is a period when the Lord brings judgement . Joel’s purpose was to call out a person or animal of Judah and of Jerusalem, served as a lament. It was during a crisis, a plague that ruined wine and grain.

Amos- The introduction of Amos whom he is the Universal Justice of God. Amos was a truly a prophet who God trusted with special tasks but mainly wanted to be a farmer. Amos was special to the people in the northern kingdom. At the time Judah an Israel were wealthy. Judah stayed more out of the light then Israel.

Obadiah- In the introduction to Obadiah it discusses how Obadiah meant ” one who serves Yahweh” and he is Gods prophet. In this chapter it brings it brings up Zion where at the time Gods people were shamed.

Jonah-  In the introduction of Jonah it indicates that nobody knows who wrote the book but assume Jonah wrote it because its about him.

Leadership University 2021