LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 102 Forum The Book Of Job and Psalms Reply To: The Book Of Job and Psalms

Reply To: The Book Of Job and Psalms

Back to course

LU Home Page Forums Biblical Studies 102 Forum The Book Of Job and Psalms Reply To: The Book Of Job and Psalms

Deborah Equels
Participant

Week 6                    Lesson 6                       2nd Quarter

Biblical Studies 102                         The Book of Job:

The central message of Job, is as followers of Christ, Storms and Trails are all part of our walk. Through these tough times and unpredictable circumstances. Job was a very rich man, and although he did not belong to the people of Israel, he worshipped the Lord and was truly a good person. But Satan talked to God and accused Job of serving God only because God was Blessing him. God agreed to let Satan take away Job wealth, his children, and finally his health, to see if weather Job would stay faithful to God, even in the storm Job remain FAITHFUL, Job never understood why he suffered; and at time he felt bitter but again he never rejected. Job was convinced that one day, God would rescue him, In (Chapter19:25-27). Job say’s I know that my savior Lives, and at the end he will on this earth. My flesh may be destroyed, yet from this body I will see God. Yes, I will see Him for myself, and I long for that moment. It is only when we acknowledge the Power of God that we can put life in perspective. God never promised us an easy life, but he does promise to be with us. (Matthew 28:20) even to the end of the world Amen.

Week 6                          Lesson 6                              2nd Quarter

Biblical Studies 102                           Book of Psalms:

The book of Psalms is a remarkable collection of Hebrew poetry focused on prayer and worship of God for His past faithfulness, (Ps 90:1) Present Love, (Ps 106: 1) and future hope. The book of Psalms is the longest book in the Bible. Psalms as stated earlier that can either be sung as songs or spoken as prayers to all weather individually or together as a group. There are 150 Psalms in this book and many of them list King David as their author. They were collected over a period of time and became a very important part of worship of the people of Israel. Many of the Bible’s main ideas are echoed in the Psalms; praise, thankfulness, faith, hope, sorrow for sin, God’s loyalty and help. And at the heart of all the Psalms, there is a deep trust in God, Jesus used the Psalms when he Preached and taught. In (Psalms 2:11) Serve the Lord with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling.

Leadership University 2021